Situation: You're compiling a project status report and need a quick audit of what you're doing.
Project Headway tasks offer a lot of guidance in managing your projects. One popular feature of the process is "Questions you ask of yourself and others" within each task in the process. Compile Project Status Reports guides you through compiling status reports for your project. These are the questions we've come up with for that task. Please let us know if you feel they are helpful and/or what's missing.
When compiling status reports, consider asking yourself the following questions:
- Is there a status report template that can be provided to all team leads?
- How could you ensure each team lead understands how they are supposed to complete the status report?
- Is there a schedule in place to review status reports?
Given the length of the project, how often should reports be required to be handed in?
- How will you track your team leads to ensure their status reports are being handed in and are complete?
- Have you created an agenda for your status meetings?
- Who on your team could take the minutes in your status meetings?
Ask a trusted colleague or key project team members the same questions.