The ITSM Process Design Guide: Developing, Reengineering, and Improving IT Service Management
Buy this book at amazon.com
The Definitive Source for Certified Process Design Engineers
IT organizations increasingly recognize the need to design, re-design, and improve their internal IT service management (ITSM) processes. While popular frameworks such as the IT Infrastructure Library™ (ITIL®), Control Objectives for IT (COBIT®), Microsoft® Operations Framework (MOF), and the ISO/IEC 20000 standard describe what to do, they do not describe the mechanics of how to do it. The ITSM Process Design Guide: Developing, Rengineering and Improving IT Service Management closes the knowledge gap by providing detailed guidance on assessing, designing, measuring, and integrating ITSM processes. The advice and techniques in this book apply unilaterally to every IT service provider and ITSM framework, standard, and maturity model. While other books may touch on process design methods and techniques, there is no other publication dedicated specifically to developing, re-engineering and improving ITSM processes.
This guide is also the definitive reference source for the Certified Process Design Engineer (CPDE®) qualification. The CPDE qualification imparts and validates knowledge of best practices in the assessment, design, integration, implementation, and management of ITSM processes. It recognizes the value of having a qualified CPDE within an organization and has been endorsed by The APM Group (ITIL's official accreditor) as a complementary qualification for the ITIL Qualification Scheme.
- Fosters the understanding and integration of multiple ITSM frameworks, standards, and maturity models
- Details and deconstructs ITSM process components, models, and deliverables
- Includes strategies for gathering and analyzing process requirements to aid in analyzing and improving processes
- Shows how to engage process stakeholders and incorporate ITSM best practices into your organization
- Contains a methodology for developing meaningful metrics for your organization and ways to convert data into usable, actionable information
- Includes proven ways to manage the organizational culture change required for continual process improvement