A Practical Guide to Reducing IT Costs
Buy this book at amazon.com
Eliminating and driving down costs have long been second nature for many IT organizations. In challenging economic times, even further cutting of IT costs is a requirement for the survival of many organizations. Whether in the midst of an economic downturn or upturn, effective cost management is critical as IT costs can be a significant portion of an organizations overhead cost structure and can even impact an organizations competitive position. A Practical Guide to Reducing IT Costs provides a toolkit of innovative ideas to assess and reduce costs in an IT organization. It outlines a compilation of practical advice based on interviews and comments from more than 60 CIO’s and IT leaders, and it includes many other proven ideas that if implemented will successfully reduce IT costs.
- Contains practical, helpful tools and valuable ideas and methods for intelligently reducing IT costs
- Focuses specifically on IT costs rather than overall costs in an organization
- Offers valuable insights from more than 60 CIO’s and IT leaders
- Discuss the realistic cost savings of current leading technology and IT trends, such as virtualization, cloud computing, software as a service, and outsourcing
- Includes quick reference bulleted suggestions at the end of each chapter