ProjectManagement.com User Guidelines
Welcome to ProjectManagement.com! Our community is where you can meet other project management professionals with whom you can share ideas, network, and swap experiences. To keep our community pleasant, productive, and beneficial, please be sure to adhere to our User Guidelines. Additionally, usage of the community requires acceptance of and adherence to our Terms of Service.
1. Be respectful. Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing your knowledge. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. While we encourage healthy debate, it is important to remain professional and collegial. Profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, hostile comments, or threats of violence, are strictly prohibited and will result in removal of offending posts and potential expulsion from the community.
2. Be relevant. Members come here to exchange ideas and to engage in discussion. Please refrain from self-promotion, advertising, soliciting, promoting products or services, or posting unsolicited outside links in areas of conversation on ProjectManagement.com. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising and/or spam. Keep your contributions relevant by posting in the relevant topic area and staying on topic. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Off-topic or unproductive posts will be edited, moved and/or removed for the benefit of all members.
3. Keep your word. We respect that, as a professional, you may work with confidential or proprietary information – and we would never ask you to compromise your relationship with clients or employers. Don't post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade-secret, or otherwise) or nondisclosure agreements to which you are a party. Remember, this isn’t the CIA – you are posting under your real name.
4. Protect your privacy and that of others. As a part of your professional community, help to make sure that this remains a healthy and safe forum for the exchange of ideas by using the private message system to have personal conversations with other members. Do not share your personal information in public posts – including your e-mail address. Sharing the personal information of others is also prohibited.
5. Remember, this is user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Please remember that advice or information posted in a discussion is the personal opinion of the person providing it. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you apply to information found anywhere on the Internet.
ProjectManagment.com Community Administrator and Moderator Rights and Responsibilities
Community Engagement Specialists are employees of the Project Management Institute and are on hand to facilitate discussions and assist users. Community Engagement Specialists and other Administrators may take actions they deem necessary to limit user access to the discussions. To this end, Community Engagement Specialists/Administrators have the right to moderate, edit, and remove posts that they consider contrary to the community guidelines or otherwise illegal, harmful, or inaccurate. While every effort will be made to conduct these activities in a timely fashion, ProjectManagement.com is not responsible for delays in editing or removing posts, or for failure to do so. If you feel that your posts have been moderated unfairly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you see a violation of these guidelines, please notify us within the community by using the “Report this posting as offensive or spam” feature on the bottom right hand side of a post. If you have any questions about our guidelines, terms, or policies, please contact us at email@example.com.