JUSTIFY-PLAN-ACTIVATE-CONTROL-END: Four simple words that define, contain, control and influence the life of your project. Learn how to use JPACE to achieve project success.
Project Plan/Project Definition
This template walks you through building a very detailed and comprehensive description of your project. The finished product can be useful for:
- Setting stakeholder expectations,
- Developing a common understanding of project details with your team, particularly during project startup
- Creating a very solid basis for building a project schedule.
- Understanding the risks of the project to the organization and how it related to other initiatives already underway,
- Controlling it during its duration and ending the project.
The Plan is a contract between the Project Manager, Executive Sponsor, Project Team and other management of the enterprise associated with and/or affected by the project. Each Project Plan component is essentially a work product resulting from subtasks in the Make Plan Project Management task, but can be revised during other project management activities. It is important to document all parameters that will have an impact on the project, its planning and execution. The finished product can be 30 pages long describes the following about the project:
- Related projects/critical dependencies
- Schedule and milestones
- Budget/cost-benefit assessment
- Risk assessment
- Quality management approach
- Tools and techniques to be used
- Resource estimates
- Change and control procedures
- Work plan
- Team contact directory
- Approval sign-off form
People who downloaded this item also downloaded . . .