PMO ArchitectureWhen it comes to setting up and managing a PMO, more and more organizations are implementing an architecture approach for the PMO consisting of the following key components to the PMO Architecture Layer (see examples):
- Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Project Server, Mercury ITG, Niku Clarity, SaaS Appls, etc.
- Collaboration and Document Management
- Microsoft SharePoint, IBM Lotus, Documentum, etc.
- PMO Content Assets
- gantthead Processes On Demand (Processes, Templates, Policies, Executive Dashboards, etc.)
- Desktop Project Management Tools
- MS Project, Open Workbench, etc.
Whether by design or accident, these components exist, to some degree, in every PMO. As a PMO content asset solution, Processes On Demand enables an organization to:
- Establish and manage its PMO architecture
- Set up and institutionalize its PMO best practices
- Implement project management tools and PPM application functionality
- Fully utilize its existing and supporting IT infrastructure and collaboration platforms
- Continually apply organizational and project management subject matter expert knowledge