You Can Become a Powerful Project Leader by Taking These Steps
Project leadership takes guts. Face it, you take on some of the most complex assignments and are responsible for large budgets, resources, and operational impacts. You are asked to make it happen in some extremely challenging circumstances. With all of this responsibility, you need to be a powerful and effective leader. The steps outlined in this article will enable you to tap into your leadership potential, engage your teams, and utilize proven techniques for successful project outcomes.
- Identify powerful leadership styles
- Be the manager
- Determine what makes a leader effective
- Put your knowledge into practice
- Use resources at your disposal
- Be understood
- Shape the project
1. Identify powerful leadership styles.
- “An army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team.” – General George S. Patton, Jr.
- “When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, ’Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty, we are free at last!’” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Now, you may think that these leaders are a bit extreme for
Please log in or sign up below to read the rest of the article.