Help! The PMP® Exam is Changing and I’m Not Ready!
Few things in life cause action more than a firm deadline. The Project Management Institute extended the final date for writing the current-format PMP® certification exam to December 31, 2020. While the date is rapidly approaching, there is still time to successfully prepare. The following list provides guidance for immediate next steps
1. Visit PMI.org and take advantage of the very useful reference information. Completing the process is not complicated—but must be followed according to PMI’s standards. Useful information within the “certification” tab includes:
- Eligibility criteria
- Explanation of the application process
- A link to the application template
- A description of the application review and audit process
- Payment details
- An explanation of the options to complete the exam
Note that not all testing centers are open. PMI has recognized the challenge this has created and introduced a flexible option that allows the applicant to complete the exam at home. Having access to a stable internet connection and a computer with a webcam has created the opportunity to take the exam from the comfort of home (or location of your choice) at any time of day.
It’s important to recognize the process to be approved to write the exam takes time and significant effort. The applicant must be able to summarize their project management
Please log in or sign up below to read the rest of the article.