Categories: Business Analysis
The wait is almost over! Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide is currently in editing and soon to be prepared for publication. The guide will be available in Q4 for download from PMI’s website and in print from PMI’s Market Place.
Here’s what to expect:
- A go-to source for learning how to apply business analysis best practices by practitioners within your organization
- A PMI standard developed by recognized leaders in the field of business analysis
- Numerous practical examples and demonstrations of models and techniques
- A valuable reference for preparing for the PMI-PBA certification
- Extensive industry research assembled together to define common practices in business analysis
PMI has responded to industry stakeholders to provide more support to address business analysis competencies in the industry. As is evident with the pilot of the PMI-PBA certification earlier this year and now the Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide standard to address business analysis practices; PMI is providing the industry the tools needed to be successful with requirements on their programs and projects.
As we await this product launch, there will be a lot of great conversation about the Practice Guide at PMI® Global Congress 2014 later this month being held 26-28 October 2014 in Phoenix. In my next blog, I will discuss much of what is in store for conference attendees interested in learning more about business analysis and requirements.
Today, I wish to thank the group of very talented authors and reviewers who came together over the summer to produce this practice guide. It was a pleasure to work with such passionate professionals to develop this practical hands-on guide for the community. Special thanks to the Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide writing team:
- Joy Beatty, CBAP
- Steve Blais
- Susan Burk, CSM
- Elizabeth Larson, PMP, CBAP, CSM
- Rich Larson, PMP, CBAP
…and the over 25 subject matter experts who helped perfect this Practice Guide.
Attending PMI® Global Congress 2014?
The Practice Guide team will be in attendance along with many other leading practitioners. See you soon!!
Laura Paton PMP, CBAP, CSM
Chair and Lead Author
Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide