Categories: Agile, Benefits Realization, Best Practices, Calculating Project Value, Change Management, Communication, Complexity, Generational PM, Human Aspects of PM, Human Resources, Innovation
I am back to Bollywood after spending a week in Hollywood and what a week it has been :
- Travelling half the way across the world : a 19-hour flight from Bollywood to Hollywood
- Participating as a “Expert” for “Ask The Expert” sessions
- Presenting at my third PMI Congress - "Who Wants to Be a More Successful
- Project Manager? Here's Your New Lifeline: Ask the Crowd! #askthecrowd
- Recording live podcast for PMI on my experience as a speaker and as an attendee
- A great support from the #crowd at the conference
- Looking at Life as a magic along with John Dorenbos
- Collecting "GEMS" from 5 generations at the workplace from Cam Martson
- Cracking Creativity with Abigail Posner
- Finally a enjoying a cool sunset by the Pacific Ocean at the Santa Monica Pier
My takeaways ? I have noted them down as quotes that I gathered from the sessions that I attended
1. “I blamed a lot of people when I wasn’t having success, the more I blamed people around me, the more I lost myself, bit by bit, piece by piece.” – John Dorenbos – “Life is a magic” Key note day 1
2. “You will become infinitely more powerful if you can understand your preferences and set them aside and let your colleagues’ preferences shine through,” – Cam Marston
3. “The big part of the equation was to work with the community to understand what veterans wanted in their brand-new veteran’s medical center – Fernando Rivera, Director of Medical center – south Louisiana Veterans health care system, 2018, PMI Project of the year winner Do I hear “crowdsourcing ““Ask the crowd “here as well ?
4. “Creativity changes the world!” – Abigail Posner
My experience at the conference are captured in these blogs
Day 1: #PMICON18 – Day 1 The magic starts!
#PMICON18 – Day 2 Collecting the GEMS of the Generations
Day 3: #PMICON18 – Day 3 Invest in the wisdom of the crowd and crack creativity
A yearlong celebration of PMI’s 50th birthday #PMI50 has already begun. Watch this to know more. We even created a live mosaic billboard with the moments of the #PMICON18
And yes, there is more… The experts from “Ask the Expert” group have created some exclusive content just for you. My exclusive expert content Projects in the Real World: Agile and Beyond is here.
With this I sign off from Bollywood. I would love to know your thoughts on the coverage. Do post your comments here, also don’t forget to follow me on twitter , LinkedIn and Facebook for other exciting news from the world of agile and project management.