It’s a new year and time to set some new goals. Considering that you have 12 months to work towards those goals what better time to start.
We have a great community of project managers here on ProjectManagement.com; its'a great place to get more engaged.
Here are six tips on how you can engage, make a difference and participate with your community online, local chapters and regionally:
- Join in the discussion in our project management community. Do you have a question, want to spark conversation or want to learn with others in the community? Join discussions in PM Central, Topics, Blogs, webinars or join in a book club review.
- Share your expertise. You can start a conversation by asking a question or joining a discussion in many areas on ProjectManagement.com. It’s a great way to network, share stories, acknowledge contributions and successes, help advance the profession, and be leaders in our communities.
- Volunteer. Do you want to be a chapter leader? Join a local PMI chapter and start building your network with your local community chapter and volunteer to work on a project, an initiative or a seminar. It will enhance your resume and help you step up to new challenges. Your time and expertise could help make a difference as a volunteer leader or board member or mentor in your community.
- Inspire a young PM. Become a coach/mentor by connecting with others in your organization, community or PMI Chapter. Find small ways to reach out, listen and support them.
- Invest in yourself. It's a new year; do you have some new goals? How did you do last year to reach your goals. There are so many ways to benefit by participating in the ProjectManagement.com community; you just need to start.
- Raise a discussion and lead. We learn from others. Do you have a burning question or some great tips to share? Post a question, participate in the discussion and guide the group discussion. There is so much to learn from the experience in this community of project managers.