Categories: Best Practices, Communication, Education and Training, Leadership, Lessons Learned, PM Think About It, PMI, Strategy
When attending a major conference or congress like the PMI EMEA Congress 2019 in Dublin is can be confusing which sessions one should attend. I have asked a few of my friends before how they chose which sessions they attend. Here are some of the answers I got:
1. Chose the ones being held by friends, or people I know first, then chose others by the topic I like.
2. Go through all the topics and choose the ones that interest me
3. Use the conference app and put in keywords.
4. It is so confusing and there are so many people I tend to attend those friends of mine attend. Go with the flow
5. Plan in detail, align with goals of what I want to read up on and then choose deliberately.
What method do you use to determine which sessions to attend?
I have used elements of all of the above before. All have their pros and cons. This time I am going as one of the Community Correspondents and am excited to be sharing my experience and my lessons learned with you. I am also looking forward to be working with Emily and the rest of the team to share the action at the congress with you
Please don't forget to follow me and my fellow representatives from the online Community for updates during the conference itself. They'll be announcing themselves during the next few days.