Categories: Communication, Dave Prior, drunkenpm, drunkenpm radio, Formula Ink, FormulaInk, Language, Nic Sementa, Non-violent communication, Nonviolent Communication, NVC, Persuasion, project management, reluctant agilist, Sales, social engineering
Nic Sementa is man of many skills. He’s an Agilist, a Marketing Consultant, an Entrepreneur… he does Business Development, he’s a sales ninja, and he’s someone who spends a lot of time honing his skills in listening and communicating.
This podcast began at the 2019 Scrum Gathering in Austin. Nic and I were talking and ended up on the topic of nonviolent communication. The conversation we had in Austin and Nic’s take on NVC and other communication practices was so compelling that I asked if we could pick up the topic during a podcast.
For anyone who makes their living as a traditional PM or is involved with Agile and helping to support, motivate, and lead teams, studying different communication patterns and language techniques is a survival tactic. In this conversation with Nic Sementa, you’ll gain insights into several new communication tools, how and why they work, and how you can practice a language technique like NVC from a place that is both vulnerable and strong at the same time.
Nonviolent Communication Links
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg https://amzn.to/2J1llXI
- What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication by Ike and Judith Lasater https://amzn.to/2JvDH2b
- Center for Non-Violent Communication: https://www.cnvc.org
Nic’s Contact Info:
- Web: https://nicsementa.com
- Formula Ink: http://www.formulaink.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nicsementa
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nic-sementa-2753242b/