Now that you know you are in the ‘VUCA’ world can technology help in any way?
The VUCA world challenges an organisation by:
- Presenting boundaries for planning and policy management
- Confounding the ability to make decisions in an accurate, relevant and timely manner
- Confusing the recognition of issues that impact, as well as the consequences of such issues and any associated actions, along with their variables
- Clouding the true interpretation of opportunities to grow
As we have already noted, Bill George, a senior fellow at Harvard Business School, puts the argument forward that VUCA demands a new leadership response which he calls VUCA 2.0: Vision, Understanding, Courage and Adaptability.
These are the basic foundations of a Business Agile world.
Equally there is an argument that to achieve this VUCA 2.0, or to Un-VUCA the VUCA world and enjoy the benefits of a world of Vision, Understanding, Courage and Adaptability, we can’t do it all on our own.
Technology is a major advantage in this world to grab that data, identify gaps and variabilities, to connect people all over the world to help make insightful suggestions and ultimately decisions, and bring about the power of the many.
These are also the basic foundations of a Business Agile world.
At which point we arrive back at the start by asking ‘What can my businesses do today to prepare for challenges of tomorrow and the future?’. The answer is ‘plenty’ but primarily ‘Get Business Agile’.
Join myself and Neil Derbyshire from Clarizen on the morning of 5th December where we will address the 4 main challenges of VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) and how working in a business agile mind-set can bring the rewards of stability, certainty, simplicity and clarity to your day-to-day work.
Join this free webinar to learn first-hand how:
- VUCA can be used as a catalyst to bringing change in your day-to-day world
- How a business agile mind-set will help bring stability, certainty, simplicity and clarity to your role
- How technology can help you overcome challenges in a VUCA world
- What can businesses do today to prepare for challenges in the future
Register your interest today to avoid VUCA now and in the future!
Let’s Un-VUCA the VUCA world!
Peter Taylor is a change expert who has advised many other organisations on Change and Project strategy.
He is also the author of the number 1 bestselling project management book ‘The Lazy Project Manager’.
More information can be found at www.thelazyprojectmanager.com