I recently wrote a detailed article summarizing my thoughts about Geographically Distributed Agile Teams. The article addresses a series of questions that I suspect you’ll find interesting:
- What does it mean to be geographically distributed?
- Are agile teams geographically distributed in practice?
- How does geographic distribution relate to other scaling factors?
- What are the potential benefits of geographic distribution?
- What are the risks associated with geographic distribution?
- How do we address those risks?
- How do we organize a geographically distributed agile team?
- How does geographic distribution affect tooling?
- Is geographic distribution a good idea?
- Where do we start?
- What other resources exist?
I hope you enjoy the article. Feedback is always welcome.