During the Movement Control Order (MCO), the initiative has been initiated by the CDD CoP team to organise CoP on the method for removal existing flare tip and installation of new flare tip at D18MP-A platform and offshore lifting method.
Sample of the project is D18MP-A flare tip replacement. The execution of the hook-up and commissioning completed in 2019 where the engineering and construction of the flare tip started in 2018 as the overall duration take about 4-6 months ( plus year end holiday).
What was supposed to happen?
In previous practice, the CoP is performed at office meeting room and will be invited to all staff within the department. Some challenges if the CoP perform at the office;
1. Not all staff able to participate due to external works, outstation, clash with other meeting.
2. Presenter need to be physically come to venue for presentation/sharing session.
3. No video recording during presentation, thus for those who not able to join, they're not able to retrieve back the presentation video.
What actually happened?
1). CoP sharing session perform through Microsoft team Meeting (MT), and the presenter from CONBIT is not within the organisation ( external parties). The participants of the sharing session among Petronas colleagues and all of us remotely around Malaysia and still able to join the session.
2). All participants and presenter connected via MT, able to perform online video-conferencing presentation and the presenter able to deliver with power point presentation and even sharing video via MT.
3). The session lasted for 1 hours , with 45 minutes presentation and 15 minutes for Q&A. It has benefited to all HUC engineers especially on understanding the method of lifting without using the workbarge/workboat crane. Some best practices of installation and removal of flare tip that perform within the industry.
Why were the differences?
1) The differences, the CoP is performed using the Microsoft Team meeting (MT) for webinar concept. The speaker able to present the topic smoothly using the system and participants able to engage with the speaker during the Q&A sessions.
- Participants more than 15 pax where typical COP at office less than <10 pax
- Q&A able to perform via verbal question or even the participants jot down at the chat box to speaker
- Able to record the presentation and able to share with others who not able to join the session
What can we learn from this?
During this MCO while most of staff working from Home (WHO), we're actually able to explore and maximise the advantages that we have via all the available technology within the company provided. With the introduction of Microsoft Team Meeting , we able to conduct a meeting with participants from various places ,even in this case, the presenter was from outside KL yet he able to present the sharing session.
Less effective during the MCO? It is evidence that, we can be more effective if we're able to push beyond the normal practice and able to maximise the technology that available within the company. All the record very seamless for future reference as the video/audio recorded via MT. Even with MT, we able to join many meeting in one time without need to move ourself physically from one meeting room to another, thus we can quickly rejoin the CoP sharing session once our meeting has been completed.