- Silence (this usually is followed with a rolling of the eyes and is one of the most common reactions.)
- I've done project management (this comes from individuals who THINK they've done project management but in reality, it wasn't anything near it. Think glorified Tech Lead who needs another title to satisfy their ever-growing egos.)
- Right (this comes from the individual who thinks that Project Management is just bureaucratic overhead.)
- What about it? (this comes from the know-it-all who really knows nothing.)
And then there's the rest of us.
Project Management actually excites us.
Gets our brains and minds moving.
Well, for some of us.
Especially those of us who take a Pragmatic approach to it.
So you may ask yourself - who are we?
In honor of my glass half-full friends, I'll start with the who we aren't.
We aren't about:
- Office space(s)
- Billions of people subordinate to your position
- Impressing others for the sake of discrediting others
- Stepping on the little people (because really, we're all just little people)
We are about:
- Blood, Sweat, and Tears
- Smart short-cuts
- *Pop Culture/Trivia
- *Great Music
- *Making this world a better place
* May only apply to the author of this blog.
Pragmatic Project Management is about me. I think it's about you. I think it's about how common sense-oriented people approach delivery value to their customer with the help of tools, templates, tricks, and whatever else we have up our sleeves.
What can you expect from this blog? Lots of bluntness. Lots of honesty. War stories. My failures. My successes.
How often? Probably weekly. I won't force it if it won't come naturally. After all, I'll be very pragmatic about this blog too.