Wed, 25 Nov 2020 20:32:26 GMT Sense & Respond https://www.ProjectManagement.com/blogs/540768/Sense---Respond Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden, leading tech experts and founders of the global Lean UX movement, share their insights into how organizations can grow and thrive based on their ability to sense and respond instantly to customer and employee behaviors. Your next agile project: your career https://www.ProjectManagement.com/blog-post/65150/Your-next-agile-project--your-career Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:34:01 GMT For years I’ve worked with teams helping them increase the agility of their product development efforts, leadership and culture. The thinking went that with a culture based on evidence-based decision making, continuous learning and customer centricity the organization could overcome any obstac... Good Agile Teams Are Diverse Teams: How Diverse Teams Allow You To Solve Problems Early and Often https://www.ProjectManagement.com/blog-post/57785/Good-Agile-Teams-Are-Diverse-Teams--How-Diverse-Teams-Allow-You-To-Solve-Problems-Early-and-Often Mon, 18 Nov 2019 15:13:51 GMT Have you ever been asked to put lipstick on a pig? If you’ve ever worked as a designer, then you know it works something like this… Your client will come to you with with a product that’s very close to being done, almost ready to ship, and ask you to “fix the design.&rdqu... Moving from Project to Product: What Does "Product Thinking" Actually Mean? https://www.ProjectManagement.com/blog-post/57053/Moving-from-Project-to-Product--What-Does--Product-Thinking--Actually-Mean- Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:20:54 GMT Product management has become one of the hottest job titles in most organizations. Is it really that different than project management? In short, it is. And the difference is fundamental because the nature of projects and products couldn’t be more different. The more an organization can embrac... Is Your Organization "Sort of" Agile? https://www.ProjectManagement.com/blog-post/56255/Is-Your-Organization-Sort-of-Agile- Sat, 14 Sep 2019 15:45:55 GMT At least once a week, we stand in front of a room of executives, leaders, managers and practitioners and ask the question, “How many of you work in an Agile way?” Without fail, 99% of the hands in the room go up. The other 1%, the honest ones, raise their hand halfway and wave it side to... Three Obstacles That Leaders of Cross-Functional Teams Face, and What To Do About Them https://www.ProjectManagement.com/blog-post/55734/Three-Obstacles-That-Leaders-of-Cross-Functional-Teams-Face--and-What-To-Do-About-Them Wed, 21 Aug 2019 10:57:26 GMT I used to live in the suburbs next to a guy named Jim. Jim spent a LOT of time outside in his yard with loud, gasoline-powered equipment and tools. His favorite tool, and the loudest coincidentally, was his leaf-blower. And while he did have a stellar looking yard, the noise that emanated from said ... Sense & Respond: Managing projects in a world of continuous change https://www.ProjectManagement.com/blog-post/54939/Sense---Respond--Managing-projects-in-a-world-of-continuous-change Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:50:48 GMT   (Hello world! Welcome to the Sense & Respond corner of projectmanagement.com. This is the first of what we intend to be a series of articles focused on the rapidly changing world of product development and management. We hope to provide you with practical, tactical tools and tips you c...