Process/Project IES - IE - Information Strategy Planning
Stage PMP - Plan Project
Stage PMA - Activate Project
Stage PMC - Control Project
Stage IEI - Information Strategy Planning
Stage PME - End Project
DescriptionThe fundamental objective of Information Strategy Planning (ISP) is to develop a plan for implementing business systems to support business needs.
The objectives of the Information Strategy Planning stage are to:
- Establish an information strategy based on an evaluation of the business strategy.
- Establish a development plan of user-oriented systems to meet business information needs and priorities.
- Define an information architecture for the future development of compatible data-sharing systems.
- Establish a technical strategy for the best use of new information technology.
- Define the most effective organization of the information system function within the enterprise.
Other needs addressed by ISP include:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing systems.
- Identify data as a corporate resource and establish a basis for its analysis and control.
- Assess the impact of the effective use of information technology on the overall organization of the enterprise.
- Increase the awareness of management about developments in and opportunities of information technology.
Additional benefits or by-products:
- Improve communications within the enterprise about the effective use of information technology.
- Involve users in the management of system development to increase their confidence in the possibilities offered by new systems.