September 28 & 29, 2020 | Virtual
Process/Project IES - IE - Information Strategy Planning
Stage PMP - Plan Project
Stage PMA - Activate Project
Stage PMC - Control Project
Stage IEI - Information Strategy Planning
Stage PME - End Project
DescriptionThe fundamental objective of Information Strategy Planning (ISP) is to develop a plan for implementing business systems to support business needs.
The objectives of the Information Strategy Planning stage are to:
- Establish an information strategy based on an evaluation of the business strategy.
- Establish a development plan of user-oriented systems to meet business information needs and priorities.
- Define an information architecture for the future development of compatible data-sharing systems.
- Establish a technical strategy for the best use of new information technology.
- Define the most effective organization of the information system function within the enterprise.
Other needs addressed by ISP include:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing systems.
- Identify data as a corporate resource and establish a basis for its analysis and control.
- Assess the impact of the effective use of information technology on the overall organization of the enterprise.
- Increase the awareness of management about developments in and opportunities of information technology.
Additional benefits or by-products:
- Improve communications within the enterprise about the effective use of information technology.
- Involve users in the management of system development to increase their confidence in the possibilities offered by new systems.
The following diagram depicts the dependency relationships between the stages in the Information Strategy Planning template.