Congrats on clearing PMP ! You can earn PDU by associating yourself with the local chapter in volunteering, attending chapter sessions. You may attend PMI National & Global conferences to earn PDU. You have lot of opportunities to earn PDUs once you become PMI member - access to webinars & other opportunities. Start exploring.. Saving Changes...
Hi Suresha! Congrats for the certification. You can check the myPMI-Report PDUs on CCRS section in you login @pmi.org.
You can collect PDU's through
1. Education(courses,meetings,webinars,reading books and Informal learning)
2. Giving back(volunteering,sharing knowledge,giving presentation,authoring books and your daily PM activities). Saving Changes...
Hi, Suresha! Congratulations! I also gained my PMP Certificate in the first quarter of this year. Continue your PMI membership. Also, projectmanagement.com is really useful site to benefit from lots of webinars, articles, networks, blog pages..etc. I strongly recommend you to follow this site as well. Saving Changes...
I use 4 ways to maintain the certification (surely this is only my own experience, and there is a lot of others):
1. Working as a Project manager (8 PDUs for each 3-year cycle).
2. Participating in some volunteering activity (the easiest way is to get consulted in your chapter). The benefit is not only the PDU, this activity is very interesting and allows you to get in touch with best professionals, and improves your leadership skills.
3. Watching webinars here on projectmanagement.com. The PDUs (usually 1 pdu for each webinar) goes automatically. But not all are interesting.
4. One or two time in the 3-year cycle you can afford yourself to attend some big event, which requires the payment. Chargable events in general are more effective, more interesting and gives you really big pack of PDUs.
There are different types of PDU. Periodically refer to your profile at PMI.org and you will get understanding of which and how many you need.
You are absolutely right to start thinking of it just after getting PMP. Do not postpone to the end of the certification cycle. Saving Changes...