I recently given PMP exam and I couldn't crack it in one of the process group. When I look back, I felt I didn't do well in change management related questions. Does anyone can share some guidelines specially managing change requests from initiation to closing process groups.
I really looking for some support. Saving Changes...
Your question is quite broad, but here are some points to offer to you:
Change Management is largely in the domains of Planning, Executing and Monitoring & Controlling. I don't think it applies to Initiation and only the documenting part of the Change Log is addressed in Closing.
Key is you always strive to prevent the root cause of (unnecessary) changes. But if this does not happen, then:
1. Update the Change Log (documenting the change).
2. Evaluate the impact on the major constraints.
3. Perform Integrated Change Control for approval/denial.
4. Update project documents to reflect the change decision.
5. Communicate the change and its impacts to Stakeholders.
6. Get back to managing the project according to the new plan.
Not sure if the above hits the mark, but hopefully others will weigh-in with additional ideas/advice. Saving Changes...