You can also add details of the different governance forums based on the structure such as exec steering committee, program management committee, team management committee etc. It will be helpful to have this as a diagram / chart. . Saving Changes...
Hi Ranamali, thanks for your idea, yes i had put the what committees we have , nature of the communitee, frequency of meeting, stakeholders etc. Thanks for the input.
Can you please help with any other input ?
Regardig KPI Can you please explain me with a example it will be very helpful.
@Members, Pleasse help me with your inputs, it will be timely help. Looking forward your ccomments. If anybody has template or example u can share with me firstname.lastname@example.org for reference. Thanks again. Saving Changes...
recommend you have a look at Section 6 in the PMI Program Mgmt standard. While this is meant to describe Program Governance, many ideas there might apply to your environment.
Program and Project Management in reality are often overlapping (which I do not like).
Some items that you might have subsumed under deliverables are:
- decision authority about changes (CCB), checkpoints (gateways)
- strategic alignment to the organizations governance
- ensurance of funding
- reporting (of what) Saving Changes...
You may include in addition to what you have listed
1. Definition of terms and phrases.
3. Project governance overview
4. Project governance process eg reporting and frequency
5. Issues and escalation process. Include issue analysis, resolution and closure. if you dont have item 4 as separate, it may be a subsection here. to include tracking
6. Outcomes. You may include key performance indicators as suggested by others above.
7. Signatures of acceptance or review notes.
My suggestion is to start working on the limited information you have and add more information as you go.
I suggest that the PMO Governance reflect the topics, format and content of the Project Governance (see PMBOK 2.2.2 ) This will ensure alignment of both Governances and reinforce the organizational structure for responsibilities and communications. I would also suggest personalizing the unique characteristics of the PMO by incorporating a Vision/Mission statement as well as references to books and articles that reinforce the principals, processes and values of the PMO.