Hi, Somebody can provide me sample project charter? I have been googling but the only I find is templates. Even though I been into project we never went to proper documentation, All I involved in the execution stage were I nothing to do major documentation. Saving Changes...
Project Title and Description
(What is the project?)
Customer Satisfaction Fix-It Project
Over the last few months, the quality assurance department has discovered many of our customers' orders for our XYZ equipment have taken the customer four times longer to place through our online ordering system than through our competitors' systems. The purpose of this project is to investigate the reasons for the problem and propose a solution. The solution will be authorized as a subsequent project. The quality control department has detailed records of their findings that can
be used to speed up this project.
Project Manager Assigned and Authority Level :
(Who is given authority to lead the project, and can he/she determine, manage, and approve changes to budget, schedule, staffing, etc.?)
Ian Navratil shall be the project manager for this project and have authority to select team members and determine the final project budget.
(Why is the project being done? On what financial or other basis can we justify doing this project? Describe the project purpose and justification.)
This project is being completed in order to prevent a further breakdown of customer satisfaction. We expect that improved customer satisfaction will increase revenue to the company in the first year by at least $200,000 due to a decrease in service calls. As a side benefit, we hope the project will generate ideas on improving customer satisfaction while fixing this problem.
(How many or which resources will be provided?)
Steve Peterson and Rich Conniff are already dedicated to the project because of their expertise in computer systems of this type. Other resources will be determined by the project manager.
(Who will affect or be affected by the project [influence the project), as known to date?)
Stakeholders include Jason Craft representing Quality Control, Mary Cookinham in Customer Service, and Eric Rudolf in Marketing. These resources are available to assist the project as needed by the project manager.
Stakeholder Requirements as Known
(Requirements related to both project and product scope)
Attached to this document are the detailed specifications for the existing system, the requirements the existing system was designed to meet. It is expected that this project will not change how the system affects the existing requirements, aside from those relating to the speed of order entry.
The project must include utilizing the data available from Quality Control.
(What specific product deliverables are wanted, and what will
be the end result of the project?)
1. A report that outlines what can be changed, how much each change will cost and the expected decrease in time it takes to place an order resulting from each change. Few words are necessary in the report, but it must be created electronically and be agreed to by the representatives of Quality Control, Customer Service and Marketing, in addition to the project team.
2. A list of the interactions with our customers necessary to complete the changes.
3. A work breakdown structure due witihin two weeks that outlines what will be involved in the project, followed one week later by a list of risks in completing the project.
(What is believed to be true or reliable in the situation? What do we believe to be the case but do not have proof or data for?)
• The existing requirements for the current system (aside from those relating to the speed of order entry) are sufficient and correct for an online ordering system that is four times faster than the current system.
• The current network will be able to support the program changes.
• No new hardware is required.
• The current subject matter experts and developers have the expertise to evaluate the problem and recommend a solution that will achieve the objectives.
• Internal resources will have the time to work on the project in addition to their current responsibilities.
(What factors may limit our ability to deliver? What boundaries or parameters will the project have to function within?)
• WBS must be complete in two weeks.
• Risk register is due in three weeks.
• The scope is only to improve the time to complete an online order.
Measurable Project Objectives
(How does the project tie into the organization's strategic goals?
What project objectives support those goals? The objectives need to be measurable and will depend on the defined priority of the project constraints.)
The objective of this project is to improve customer satisfaction rates for onIine orders to 95 percent by reducing the time customers spend placing orders to 25 percent of the current time. Scope and customer satisfaction are the top priorities on this project, closely followed by schedule and then cost.
• Summary milestone schedule: Due no later than September 1, 20XX
• Summary budget: $50,000
Project Approval Requirements
(What items need to be approved for the project, and who will have sign-off? What designates success?)
Approvals for this project include:
• The sponsors will approve the WBS before planning efforts continue.
• The sponsors will approve the list of risks before planning efforts continue.
• Final project approval will be provided by the sponsors.
High-Level Project Risks
(Potential threats and opportunities for the project)
• Because this project analyzes customer satisfaction, the project may help generate ideas to improve customer satisfaction, resulting in higher levels of customer retention.
• Because we have little experience in this area, implementing an inadequate solution could cause more frustration and more time delays for customers, resulting in additional lost business.
• Because this problem is greatly troubling to our customers, project delay could result in lost customers, jeopardizing the likelihood of meeting this year's sales goals.
• Because assessment of this system is difficult, changes to the system could affect the requirements the system was designed to meet, resulting in impacts to other business functions.