- Build a least of all application owners
- Require a request submission prior to work beginning on a new initiative
- Request includes questions that will succinctly describe the goal
- Submission spawns email notification to group
- Each member required to review and sign-off - noting whether their group is impacted.
This provides wide visibility and a record of review/sign-off. Best if the process is within a system of record. Saving Changes...
Unless you are integrating cross-project dependencies, I have found the use of external milestones sufficient to the task. I colour the external milestones so I can quickly identify them and keep on my list to verify. Saving Changes...