Project Management Central

Please login or join to subscribe to this thread

Topics: Agile, Earned Value Management, Scheduling
Remember to Prioritize your Time...

Prioritize your Time!

"Time is the scarcest resource of the project manager; if it is not managed, nothing else can be managed." Peter Drucker, management guru!

Sometime we project managers tends to seek time and money, but forget that both can be achieved by proper time prioritization and efficient management.
Sort By:
Page: 1 2 next>

Let's go to another meeting. LOL
1 reply by George Lewis
Feb 21, 2017 6:18 AM
George Lewis
Sure Bill, we can be in different ones at a time! :)

Thanks

I agree

Time and Money are both scarce commodities.A proficient and experienced Project manager will plan to effectively /optimally utilize time and resources to maximize profit.
1 reply by George Lewis
Feb 21, 2017 6:17 AM
George Lewis
I agree!!!

Feb 21, 2017 1:33 AM
Replying to Chandrashekhar Thatte
Time and Money are both scarce commodities.A proficient and experienced Project manager will plan to effectively /optimally utilize time and resources to maximize profit.
I agree!!!

Feb 20, 2017 6:50 PM
Replying to Bill Morgan
Let's go to another meeting. LOL
Sure Bill, we can be in different ones at a time! :)

Thanks

totally agree

Time is a special resource that you cannot store or save for later use.

Time can't be managed - it always moves forward. What we can control is what we choose to do with the time we have for our projects. Hence the volunteer committee's rationale for renaming the knowledge area in the Sixth Edition of the PMBOK Guide...

Kiron

Time = Money

Kiron,

I am not sure I 100% agree with you. Time Management exists and it is very important. It is true that you chose what to do with the time you have as it moves forward but you also manage this amount of time you have to do various activities with a certain time frame.
1 reply by Stéphane Parent
Dec 18, 2017 12:42 PM
Stéphane Parent
Time = Money and Money = ? Evil, ergo Evil = Time squared.

Dec 18, 2017 11:55 AM
Replying to Rami Kaibni
Time = Money

Kiron,

I am not sure I 100% agree with you. Time Management exists and it is very important. It is true that you chose what to do with the time you have as it moves forward but you also manage this amount of time you have to do various activities with a certain time frame.
Time = Money and Money = ? Evil, ergo Evil = Time squared.
Page: 1 2 next>  

Please login or join to reply

Content ID:
ADVERTISEMENTS

"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend to read it."

- Groucho Marx

ADVERTISEMENT

Sponsors