Project Management Central

Please login or join to subscribe to this thread

Topics: IT Project Management
How do you stay organized?
Network:13

What software/ tools/ tips can you share with a new PM?
Sort By:
Page: 1 2 next>
Network:1567

MS Office, MS Project, Sharepoint, Busines Skype, Notebook & Whiteboard.

Keep a daily journal for important notes.

Use a whiteboard to list and track your Poject milestones and anything else you feel should go on it.

Skype is good to get quick reponses.
Network:1540

MS project, SharePoint, JIRA etc.
Recently I started using Kanban task manager SharePoint Add-in. The helps to visualize the workflow and makes it easy to manage projects.
Network:1059

Tamika -

Face-to-face communication is the most effective.

Kiron
Network:599

In ICT or Digital Transformation domain : Understanding of DevOps, UML Doors, Change Management (Git/GitHub) and related tools will help a lot. Herein PM is not fully separable from PDLC/PLM.

Face-to-face or 1-0-1 communication are very effective (situationally).

Thanks
Network:13986

MS project, Excel, communication, coffee.
Network:1967

The constant effort of remaining organized. I recently changed jobs and have been finding myself using excel more. I fill the worksheets with project information - SH register, team member details, rates, hours and projections, issue tracking.

I also use a notebook, mind mapping for quick hierarchies and brainstorming, OneNote. In my previous role, I used MS Project with SharePoint, and JIRA.
Network:66

One Note
1 reply by Bruce Gay
Feb 13, 2018 10:28 AM
Bruce Gay
I have to agree with Brad Ferrell - once I started using OneNote, my productivity increased substantially. Highly recommended.
Network:11197

The question is too borad to provide an accurate answer. With regards to SW tools, previous comments have captured the most relevant. However, organization can not only be done by sitting behind a desk and typing away. Thus, team meetings are also needed.

If the organization has a PMO it is advisable to know what are the processes and organizational assets (i.e. Project Management Standards guide) in place that are used by other PMs to organize their work.
1 reply by Tamika Leslie
Feb 16, 2018 7:09 PM
Tamika Leslie
Thanks for sharing, now I have a few options to consider; appreciate all the feedback!
Network:105699

Software like OneNote or Trello where it can be share with a coach could be a valuable support
Network:15

Our team uses this software called WiseTeam, pretty good at tracking time, managing tasks, projects and keeping you on top of things in general, I also use OneNote to jot down any quick notes I might need for later.
Page: 1 2 next>  

Please login or join to reply

Content ID:
ADVERTISEMENTS

"The rule is perfect: In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."

- Mark Twain