Project Management Central

Please login or join to subscribe to this thread
Happy International Women day to all women in project management
Network:104480

Was anything done on this day ?

Is the place of women in project management change in your region?
Sort By:
Page: 1 2 next>
Network:13483

It's pretty much the same Vincent here (Australia). I would say in my experience the split is around 75% male and 25% female, give or take.
Network:98612

Happy International Day to all women around the world - You make us Proud !
1 reply by Daniela Arias
Mar 22, 2018 6:13 PM
Daniela Arias
A little late...Thank you very much!
Network:1017

I'm glad that the bank I used to work for and am currently back contracting with had made a serious commitment to equality in leadership roles including PMs. For example, in the agile CoE I am in, there are three ladies and two guys...

Diversity in all its forms should be embraced not evaded!

Kiron
1 reply by Vincent Guerard
Mar 08, 2018 7:30 PM
Vincent Guerard
Kiron,

I agree that diversity in all its forms is should be embraced. An organization should be representative of the population diversity.

Mar 08, 2018 6:41 PM
Replying to Kiron Bondale
I'm glad that the bank I used to work for and am currently back contracting with had made a serious commitment to equality in leadership roles including PMs. For example, in the agile CoE I am in, there are three ladies and two guys...

Diversity in all its forms should be embraced not evaded!

Kiron
Kiron,

I agree that diversity in all its forms is should be embraced. An organization should be representative of the population diversity.
Network:9661

I could not agree with Kiron and Vincent more.
Network:580

In my part of the world, at least in ICT segment i see a firm commitment for gender equalization. We are expecting this to improve drastically !
Mar 09, 2018 11:25 AM
Vincent Guerard
Rajeev

That sound like a good news for women in India.
Network:42

Although Gender diversity in the workplace is encouraged a lot for equality in ICT, still tire- 2 or tire-3 level organization are not following the same. instead, they are going with a biased decision it may in project management or any other skillset.
Mar 09, 2018 11:30 AM
Vincent Guerard
Minaketan,

Sad for now, time should show positive impact in the ICT segment. Change will just take more time.

Mar 08, 2018 10:27 PM
Replying to Rajeev Sharma
In my part of the world, at least in ICT segment i see a firm commitment for gender equalization. We are expecting this to improve drastically !
Rajeev

That sound like a good news for women in India.

Mar 09, 2018 12:02 AM
Replying to Minaketan Dash
Although Gender diversity in the workplace is encouraged a lot for equality in ICT, still tire- 2 or tire-3 level organization are not following the same. instead, they are going with a biased decision it may in project management or any other skillset.
Minaketan,

Sad for now, time should show positive impact in the ICT segment. Change will just take more time.
Network:444

Thank you Vincent!
I’m from Central Europe. I saw that companies were trying to encourage women but I always met mostly men to do project management just with few women present. I was also co-leader of gender equality initiative run by my employer. But it’s not always just about the companies, in fact I see the region / country culture as one of the big influencers. Anyway, I think we do pretty good:)
Mar 21, 2018 8:25 PM
Vincent Guerard
Lenka,

The trend is started that is the important part.
Page: 1 2 next>  

Please login or join to reply

Content ID:
ADVERTISEMENTS

"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."

- Jeff Raskin