ProjectManagement.com Book Club FAQs
The ProjectMangement.com book club provides an opportunity to participate in webinars and discussions around selected books relevant to the overall practice of project management. The book club occurs in three parts:
- an opening pre-recorded webinar with an overview of the concepts of the book by the author
- a discussion thread on ProjectManagement.com with input from the book club host and author
- **Premium and PMI-member exclusive** a closing Q&A live webinar with the author responding to questions submitted both through the online book club discussion thread and during the webinar
The first 25 PMI Members registered for the closing book club webinar will receive a complimentary copy of the book and will be notified via email. Additional participants will have the opportunity to purchase a copy of the book at their own expense. All community members will be able to view the book club opening webinar and participate in the discussion forum. PMI members and ProjectManagement.com premium members will be able to participate in the book club closing webinar. We will evaluate the content of each opening and closing book club webinar to determine the eligibility and breakdown for PDUs. Click here to receive email updates on the book club program.
ProjectManagement.com Book Club FAQs
1. Who can participate in the ProjectManagement.com Book Club?
All community members will be able to view the book club opening webinar and participate in the discussion forum. PMI members and ProjectManagement.com premium members will be able to participate in the book club closing webinar.
2. Can I earn PDUs for my participation?
Each book club opening webinar will be evaluated to determine if it is eligible for PDUs based on the content. If the book club opening webinar is eligible for PDUs, these will automatically be reported for PMI credential holders who view the webinar. Please allow 10-14 business days for the PDU to appear on your PMI transcript.
The book club closing webinar is eligible for 1 PDU, which will automatically be reported for PMI credential holders who view either the live or recorded version of this webinar. Please allow 10-14 business days for the PDU to appear on your PMI transcript.
3. Will the closing book club webinar be available on-demand?
Yes, the closing book club webinar will be available on-demand.
4. How can I register for the closing live book club webinar?
To register, please visit the webinar page on ProjectManagement.com, find the book club closing webinar and click on the “Register for this webinar” link. Please note that only PMI members and ProjectManagement.com premium members will be able to participate in the webinar. Space is limited so please register as early as possible.
5. How do I join the book club discussion?
Visit the book club information on the ProjectManagement.com books page. You must be logged into ProjectManagement.com.
6. How can I submit questions for the author for the book club closing webinar?
The author will be visiting the book club discussion page periodically to contribute to the discussion. Questions for the book club closing webinar will be collected in the book club discussion approximately two weeks prior to the webinar date. Registrants of the closing webinar will also have the opportunity to pose questions to the author during the live session.
7. How can I order the book?
To order the book, please visit the PMI book store. PMI members will receive a discount on the purchase price.
8. How long will the book club run?
The book club will be open for approximately 10 weeks, beginning with the publishing of the recorded opening webinar and registration for the closing. The book club discussion will also open during this time on ProjectManagement.com.
9. Where can I get more information about the book club and future offerings?
To receive email updates on the book club, Please make sure to sign up here. If you are signed up and wish to unsubscribe, please visit the unsubscribe link.
10. Can I participate in more than one book club?
Yes. Please note that registration for the book club closing webinar will be limited so we recommend that you register as early as possible if you are interested.
11. I have published a book on a project management topic. Can it be featured as part of the book club? How can I suggest a book that I have read to be used in the book club?
We have books planned several months in advance. We cannot offer a guarantee that suggested books will be chosen. We welcome the suggestions, which can be made through the “Contribute Content to ProjectManagement.com” page. Please keep in mind that we are looking for books that have a broad appeal, will attract a global audience, align to one or more areas of the PMI Talent Triangle and will spark a robust conversation.
Please send any questions related to the book club to CommunitySupport@pmi.org.