PM Podcast Episode 429: Say Yes to Project Success
In this interview we welcome Sripriya Narayanasamy (LinkedIn Profile) and Karthik Ramamurthy (LinkedIn Profile) who are the authors of the book Say Yes to Project Success. in 52 short and entertaining chapters the book gives actionable advice to project managers on the most common issues we are faced with on pretty much every project.
This interview was recorded ad the hectic and fantastic Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2018 in Los Angeles, California.
Here is the book's abstract
Are you under pressure to deliver? Is your life made tough by shortened schedules, tight budgets, skills gap, incomplete scope, and demanding stakeholders? Do you need help in the form of proven practical tips and techniques to help you confidently deliver project success? This book will certainly help you. What’s inside?
- Superb set of 52 proven project success keys.
- Unbeatable breadth of insights: 108 experts, 2000+ projects, 119 countries
- Comprehensive solutions to the top 20 global project failure factors
- Coverage of waterfall, hybrid and agile methodologies in 54 industries
- Extensive discussions on soft skills, leadership and communication
- Situation, impact, and resolution presentation technique
- Storytelling approach for easy understanding
We have chosen 4 chapters from the book ("Great Catches", "Last Mile Connectivity", "Fun with Risks", and "Feed me a Sandwich") in order to review them together.