Consultant, Coach, Trainer, Speaker, Program Manager, Project Manager
Working with firms such as ASPE Training and TenStep, I provide classroom training to clients nationwide. I have taught project management, Agile practices, and leadership classes to such clients as Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Ericsson, BMW, Qualcomm, and the U.S Air Force. I am an interactive instructor, focusing on involving the students in their learning through interactive and “back of the room” instruction techniques.
I am an active speaker and writer. I have delivered presentations to multiple PMI chapters during their professional development days. And I have presented at symposiums such those held by National Association of Sports Commissions and the Michigan Purchasing Conference.
PMO Setup Practice Lead
• Assist clients in Business Driven PMO Setup
• Assist clients develop business driven PMO strategy
• Guide clients in the development of PMO vision, mission and objectives
• Prepare and conduct workshops and seminars on PMO setup and process
• Developed and delivered training on PM processes to clients
PMO Implementation Project Manager/PMO Analyst
Michigan Education Special Services Association)
Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Insurance industry
March 2009 – Present (2 years 10 months)
* Led the design and implementation of a business driven, value centered PMO
* Led the business needs analysis to ensure the PMO was designed to support the business and add value
* Wrote and implemented project management methodology
* Designed and delivered project management training
* Implemented and revised web based process guide - Process on Demand
* Design, create, deploy and maintain processes and procedures to gather, compile and report project, program and portfolio metrics for the PMO
* Established and maintained successful relationships with business users and senior management
* Communicated guidance to the project teams as needed
Senior Project Manager
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
February 2007 – February 2009 (2 years 1 month)
• Provide internal and client project management support.
• Assisting in the requirements gathering and determining structure for an internal Project Management Office.
• Created Charter for Dewpoint’s Program Management Office (PMO).
• Developed Dewpoint’s PMO service offering.
• Developed procedures for assessing client project management methodology maturity and for implementing and maintaining client PMO’s
Michigan Department of Treasury
September 2006 – February 2007 (6 months)
• Consulted on the set up of an Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
• Developed and documented policies and procedures for the EPMO
• Analyzed current project management processes
• Provided recommendations designed to improve current project management processes
• Consulted with the Department of Program Management to implement a Project Portfolio Management process that:
• Created PPM processes to effectively manage the entire DoT portfolio of projects allowing more efficient use of resources
• Ensured projects are aligned to the with the strategic goals and objectives of DoT
• Provided a process for prioritizing projects within the portfolio
• Developed review process to ensure project portfolio remained balanced, projects remained aligned and to monitor project health
• Assisted with the implementation of the Michigan Business Tax (replacement for the Single Business Tax)
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
May 2006 – August 2006 (4 months)
• Provided project management for Direct Marketing Systems Enhancement and North Carolina Specialty Dwelling projects.
• Managed internal IT staff and vendor staff in development of these systems.
• Coordinated efforts with business managers.
• Created project plans and monitored budgets.
• Monitored project schedules.
• Facilitated requirements gathering and design reviews.
• Worked closely with vendor to ensure offshore coding efforts were on schedule and met QA requirements.
• Reviewed Function Point estimates for to ensure realistic estimates.
• Monitored vendor SLA requirements.
• Briefed senior level management on the status of these projects.
• Provided communication to all team members and stakeholders.
Privately Held; 10,001+ employees; Financial Services industry
September 2004 – October 2005 (1 year 2 months)
• Provided specialized leadership, user interaction design expertise and project management skills throughout the e-commerce and web application development lifecycle.
• Developed and managed project plans and schedules, budgets, resource allocations, risk mitigation strategies and reporting and tracking activities.
• Managed the development of User Interaction Prototypes (UIP) used in usability testing to validate UI design.
• Managed the completion of e-commerce and web design project deliverables on time, on budget
• Created wireframes, Information Architecture diagrams (flow diagrams).
• Worked with usability engineers to create usability testing plans, including scenario development and recruitment as well as analyzing test results.
• Facilitated requirements gathering sessions, working with business subject matter experts (SME) to develop use cases and requirements matrices.
• Developed navigation schemes and search keywords to ensure a smooth user experience.
Senior Web Consultant/Techical Project Manager
Mercer Human Resource Consulting
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MMC; Human Resources industry
June 2000 – October 2003 (3 years 5 months)
• Assisted the design and implementation team that set up an Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) for Mercer Human Resources. This EPMO served the entire corporation, domestically and internationally.
• Developed and delivered Project Management Methodology training to disparate Mercer groups.
• Designed and managed development of web-based project management tools and developed and implemented virtual teaming procedures using these tools and authored white paper on Virtual Team Management.
• Provided Intranet strategy consulting to clients and assisted in developing company's e-commerce business model and strategy.
• Led successful development of numerous HR Benefit Communications, Portal and Reward & Recognition Intranet sites for clients.
• Developed web design standards, participated in usability testing, created scripts and evaluated results
Manager - E-Commerce, Internet Products and Services Business Unit
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; HPQ; Information Technology and Services industry
October 1997 – June 2000 (2 years 9 months)
• Managed Internet Services team, including e-Commerce efforts, and developed and implemented web marketing programs targeting internal and external sales personnel.
• Affected 227,000 website visits in the first month of implementation by expertly managing divisional e-commerce team to create iPAQ product line website.
• Increased monthly site visits 680% by redesigning divisional Intranet.
• Reduced development and maintenance efforts 18% by creating and implementing modular development procedures to reuse code and apply QA processes to reduce defective programming.
• Played key role in reducing inventory by collaborating on enterprise-wide team to develop build-to-order website enabling customers to directly build and purchase Compaq products.