Project Management Professional with strong problem solving, analytical, process improvement, and change management skills. Has served as a project manager in process transformation, new product, application update, web self-service, and risk/regulatory projects. Demonstrated skills in leveraging project and process improvement methods and tools including project management plans, integrated work schedules, PMO support, operational/project risk analysis, budget management and business process mapping. Excellent communication skills with proven success and sophistication to work with all levels of management in top US financial institutions.
Areas of Expertise include
• Program/Project Management • Change Management • Financial Services/Lending
• Risk & Regulatory Initiatives • Process Management • Robotic Process Automation
TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES SUMMARY
MS Project, Visio, SharePoint/Web-Based Collaboration, Clarity, Group Facilitation, Human Performance Improvement, Process Improvement, Business Analysis, Project Management Office, Organizational Change Management
NTT DATA Services Inc., Charlotte, NC (Formerly Carlisle & Gallagher) 2015 – Present
• For Top 4 US Bank, led risk/regulatory compliance programs involving 725+ applications, including assessments and required design/development/deployment of remediation.
• Facilitated resolution of complex organizational issues with team of high-level stakeholders. Improved project management team reporting to risk leadership/stakeholders.
• Organized Agile structure for rapid enhancements to new risk project tracking and analytics tool.
• Created standard process for divisional Payment Card Industries Data Security Standards annual assessment. Compiled evidence for Audit review.
• For NTT DATA Services internally, refined Robotic Process Automation service delivery process and co-developed PMO project quality management service.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PROJECTMANAGEMENT.COM) Fairfax, VA 2000 – Present
Workforce Management Subject Matter Expert (Writer, Symposium Speaker, Blogger)
TIAA-CREF (TIAA DIRECT), Charlotte, NC 2012 – 2015
Program Manager / IT Project Manager III
• Managed delivery of the $3.5M Consumer Lending Program through multiple vendor selection and project initiation. Led a program planning effort involving over 40 stakeholders to establish five projects (four project managers) with corresponding management and controls.
• Established new processes, deliverables and practices for vendor selection and program planning in a start-up environment which were eventually adopted by the Bank PMO or enterprise Information Technology. Developed integrated project work plan combining vendor, IT and Business Line activities. Designed and presented the first program-level financial and progress reports to Bank leadership.
• One of the top Bank performers 2013
Project Manager, Mortgage Lending
• Project Manager for the delivery of $0.5M new vendor (mortgage subservicing) implementation project to an on-time soft deployment.
• Managed effort to be consistent with strategic objectives and to improve operational risk profile, including authoring regulatory-driven change requests and rigorous RAID documentation.
CARLISLE & GALLAGHER CONSULTING GROUP, Charlotte, NC 2010 – 2012
Senior Consultant/Project Manager
• At TIAA Direct, an online bank start-up, managed multiple Lending Business/Technology projects to initiate new mortgage services for origination and servicing and add additional functionality to web self-service, including web analytics. Brokered stakeholder consensus to establish a rigorous document review and approval process consistent across Lending projects.
• At Bank of America, worked with internal compliance experts and operational managers to map mortgage servicing processes that resulted in improved productivity, vendor management, customer relationship and regulatory compliance. Met consent order mandates on schedule. Developed control plan for mortgage rule change management process and its procedure test plan.
• At Ally Bank, collaborated with parallel projects as process subject matter expert to deploy new processes throughout the enterprise. Analyzed, mapped and optimized web-based bank’s process for deposits business process improvement function involving over a dozen vendors. Analyzed bank SDLC process to design appropriate metrics.
IBM, Charlotte, NC 2008 –2010
Manager, Policy & Procedures, Lender Business Transformation Outsourcing
Served as project manager in Quality & Productivity group for a BPO start-up.
• Led technical writing team to establish initial operational procedures and procedure delivery site aligned with new software development, incorporating regulatory standards and business controls for new client service center. Conducted usability analysis with key users (customer contact specialists) to maximize performance while users interact with customers via phone.
• Collaborated with a variety of stakeholders to manage a project which resulted in a functional India offshore team in less than 10 work weeks. Designed rapid, repeatable process for migrating work to offshore team.
• As India offshore team relationship manager, enabled new team to complete 30% of business unit work within 5 months. Maintained better than expected productivity and quality. Established web-based collaborative site to deliver customized procedures, team lead training and real-time communications offshore.
• Participated in Lean Six Sigma-based business process improvement, business controls management, workforce management, sales support.
VISIONCOR, Charlotte, NC 2004 – 2008
Project Manager, Technical Writer, Instructional Designer
During projects for IBM, Wachovia and Hewitt Associates:
• Served as project manager for technical writing team creating procedures and online help for loan processing system. Worked with technical specialists to design intranet to house and deliver procedures and online help.
• Served as team lead for group responsible for designing and developing WBT storyboards for loan processing system. Storyboards were based on template designed for Flash programming.
• Created technical writing standards manual for use by Aptara, an outsourcing company in India. Created self-study workbooks for financial industry regulatory compliance training and reference.
JOE WYNNE PERFORMANCE CONSULTING, Columbia, SC 1999 – 2004
Technical Writer & Instructional Designer
• Led team to design and develop online help for new mortgage loan processing system affecting 10,000 employees. Performed analysis, design and development of procedures. Designed and developed WBT storyboards for Authorware programming in India (Cognizant).
• Created storyboards for multiple WBT courses for sales and manufacturing industries.
• Using human performance improvement process, analyzed, designed and developed two intranet performance support systems for supervisors.
• Created and delivered Process Management Tools & Techniques course for Information Services Department managers, in support of department process management initiative.
• Trained senior learning consultants to use Return on Investment analysis to justify and plan customer performance interventions.
CIBER, Charlotte, NC 1998 –1999
Information Technology Process Analyst
Supported consistency across banking divisions in new information services merger and acquisition process by designing and developing (1) Lotus Notes/intranet job aid repository (2) Project Manager project/process management training course with handbook, and (3) Requirements documentation training course with handbook.
NCR, West Columbia, SC 1997 –1998
Performed needs analysis and instructional design targeted to IT professional services group. Saved over $10,000 per year using alternative media for training delivery as delivery vehicles, including CD-ROM and web-based testing, saving over traditional classroom delivery.
LAIDLAW ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES, Columbia, SC 1988 –1997
Manager, Training & Development, Re-engineering Project
North American Customer Training Manager
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
• SCRUM Product Owner Certified Training Course
• IBM's Basic Blue for New Leaders
• Basics of Six Sigma Quality Management, Charlotte, NC
• Mager's Criteria-Referenced Instruction, Columbia, SC (1998)
• DDI Certified Facilitator, Columbia, SC (1993)
• AchieveGlobal Successful Training Techniques Certification (2004)
B.A. Biology, Maryville College, Maryville, TN