I started managing cross-functional projects in 1979. I started managing programs in 1988. I used iterative and incremental approaches because they work.
I help leaders, teams, and organizations become more effective. I use pragmatic approaches to create successful teams and projects and manage risk. That's because every organization, project, and program is unique--you have your own culture. You can optimize for your uniqueness.
My books to date (see my books for an up-to-date list):
* Create Your Successful Agile Project: Collaborate, Measure, Estimate, Deliver
* Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects (2nd edition)
* Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
* Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
* Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding the Value in Your Project Portfolio (with Jutta Eckstein)
* Manage Your Job Search
* Hiring Geeks That Fit
* Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management (won a Jolt Productivity award)
* Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (with Esther Derby)
See my articles for a listing of all my writings in reverse chronological order.
I write a free email newsletter, the Pragmatic Manager. See that page for back issues. Please add yourself to the mailing list, or ask me to add you.
Please see Johanna's slideshares for all my slideshares.