Ph.D. 1992 University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada.
MS. 1984 Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, USA
MBA. 1984 Webber College, Babson Park, USA
BSc. 1972 University of Madras. Madras. India
PMP (Project Management Professional) PMP
Thirty years of academic experience – tenured 1993. Progressively climbed up academic ranks from Instructor to associate professor and director. Substantial experience in university governance. Significant experience in curriculum innovation. Developed more than 20 new courses and about half a dozen degree programs and certificates. Recognized globally as a leader in project management education and curriculum research.
Founder of two companies. Recent experience overseas includes contracting with Fidelity, Staples, ASEE and Infosys, Bangalore, TATA (Mumbai), State Street (London), State Street (Boston), Air Canada (Winnipeg), Bank of Montreal (Toronto), Public Service Commission - Government of Canada, Kraft Construction, Bristol Aerospace, Alberta Govt. Telephone, Tops Manufacturing, United Way, Salvation Army, ITT, Travelers, Coopers & Lybrand, Orange County (Florida), First Data Corporation, Lasertron, AT&T, Verizon, BankBoston and Aetna Insurance.
1994- Continuing. Boston University MA, Director of Project Management Programs, Associate Professor of Computer Science and Administrative Sciences
1986-1994 University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
1985-1986 University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta.
1984-85 Florida Tech, Melbourne FL.
• Chair. PMI Faculty Group Council – leading a global group of faculty teaching project management in a unique effort to create the first national curriculum guidelines for undergraduate education in project management.
• Project Management Institute-New Practitioners, Board of Directors and Chair of Research. Board of director for Microsoft Project Association’s Boston Chapter. 2006-09
• Co-chair, National AIS Curriculum subcommittee for Master’s Degree in IS 1996.
• Member, National Technical Committee, Project Management Institute, 1996.
• Program Track Chair IS 2001 conference.
• Project Management Institute, PMI New Practitioners Community of Practice, Vice-Chair of Research. 2010 - Continuing.
• Microsoft Project Association: Director New England Chapter (2004-2007)
Warburton and Kanabar (2015). The Art and Science of Project Management. RWPress, 2nd Edition, RI. ePub version.
Kanabar and Warburton (2012). Gestavo de Projectos. (Portuguese Translation of PM Fundamentals) Saraiva Group. Br.
Warburton and Kanabar (2012). The Art and Science of Project Management. RWPress, RI.
Kanabar, V and R. Warburton (2008). Project Management Fundamentals, Kaplan Press, New York.
Kanabar. V. (2000), Project Risk Management, Copley Publishing Group, MA.
Kaluzniacky and V. Kanabar. (1996) XBASE Programming for the True Beginner, Irwin Publishing Co., Chicago, IL. (Now McGraw-Hills)
Kanabar, V. (1992). Modeling of Software Development Effort for the Fourth Generation Environment, (ISBN: 0-315-77925-X), Macromedia, Ottawa.
R. McFadyen, V. Kanabar. (1991). An Introduction to Structured Query Language, Wm.C. Brown Publishers, Dubuque, IA. (Now McGraw-Hills)
Authored more than 10 online courses ranging from Databases and Web Analytics to Agile Project Management.
More than 75 journal papers, conference proceedings and abstracts.
More than 50 presentations at conferences and keynote addresses around the world.
Radio/TV, Media, Newspaper Interviews
• Quoted in the Daily Free Press “Non-traditional students earnings similar to those of traditional students, survey finds”, by Caitlin Schiffer· December 8, 2014
• Quoted in the Daily Free Press “Boston University Police Department sees increase in credit card fraud, theft” by J.D. Capelouto and Mina Corpuz· October 30, 2014
• Quoted in “Identity theft: What it is, how it happens & the best protection”. http://www.cardhub.com/edu/identity-theft/ (Papadimitriou, 2013)
• Public Radio - Interviewed by Bob Oakes, Morning Edition, WBUR 90.0 FM., Hannaford Credit Card Theft, 3/31/2008
• Boston Professor Projects Manager Course Success, India New England September 2007. Volume 7. Number 23. 2007.
• Boston University Receives GAC accreditation, PMI Today. PM NETWORK Supplement, November 2006. Volume 20, Number 11 (interview)
• Westford Eagle, Community newspapers featured a front-page interview with me on ecommerce. 2/3/2000
• Boston Herald interview on Hacker steals Credit Cards from online store. Published on 12/18
• Boston Business Journal: “Data Dilemma: When Computers Crash and Denial of Service Strikes” – article was published on 7/24/2000.
• World of Ideas WBUR 90.0 FM, 12/12/99. Two hours with Ted O’Brien for a presentation in the World of Ideas segment. Segment was broadcasted on 12/12/99.
• Wall Street Journal, Importance of Ecommerce Masters, article was published on 12/15/99
• Boston Business Journal “BU introduces Ecommerce degree” interview was published in December. 3/1999