Satish Subramanian is a Principal at M Squared Consulting which is a SolomonEdwards Company. His 25 plus years of management and technology consulting leadership experience has resulted in tangible value creation for F500 companies in the Health Care, Financial Services, High Tech, and Manufacturing sectors. He is the author of the book “Transforming Business with Program Management” by Auerbach Publications. This book is on strategic execution and it details a proven, strategic roadmap to successfully transform business. Please go to http://goo.gl/2DBHjA for a preview of this book. You can connect with Satish at http://www.linkedin.com/in/satishsubramanian.
Satish has led growth, cost reduction, compliance, and merger integration initiatives and built transformation management capabilities. He has advised companies on their business transformation initiatives, guided them on operational optimization, managed strategic initiatives, and driven strategic business change to realize and sustain the agreed vision. He has built the program management and transformation management capabilities of organizations.
Satish has held executive level positions at Ernst & Young, Infosys, Point B, and Cambridge Technology Partners. He has cultivated a trusted advisory relationship with many of their clients. He developed his expertise through his consulting engagements, line role for a manufacturing conglomerate in South Asia, research based thought leadership, and training engagements for experienced practitioners. He is also an Adjunct Instructor at Global Knowledge, a global company providing enterprise learning and training services.
Satish holds a BS in Industrial Engineering from the University of Mumbai and an MBA from California Lutheran University. He is Program Management and Project Management certified by the Project Management Institute and his Change Management certification is from Prosci. His thought leadership contributions include authoring book and articles and speaking at conferences.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY – KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Satish is a senior management consulting leader and a business transformation adviser to organizations. He has 25 years of experience in delivering shareholder value to numerous companies by successfully leading business and technology transformation projects. He has taken on program and project leadership roles on business driven, full-life cycle initiatives and has demonstrated expertise in business operations analysis, strategic organization change management, outsourcing, technology selection and implementation planning, regulatory compliance, enterprise risk management and post merger integration. He has contributed to healthcare, insurance, financial services, high-tech, biotech, retail, manufacturing, public sector, education and professional services organizations.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY – SKILLS PROFILE
• Program leadership, project leadership, portfolio management and governance model development
• Operations strategy, visioning, competitive analysis, process streamlining and outsourcing analysis
• Technology planning, solution evaluation and selection, solution rollout roadmap and implementation
• Requirements management, integration testing, training planning and rollout, user acceptance testing
• Compliance management; Enterprise risk assessment and mitigation; Institutionalizing internal controls
• Merger integration; Divestiture planning and implementation support; Shared services analysis
• Organization change impact, communication planning and rollout, change readiness, transition planning
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY – CAREER PROGRESSION
M SQUARED CONSULTING / SOLOMONEDWARDS, San Francisco, CA, 2010 to Present
POINT B SOLUTIONS GROUP, San Francisco, CA, 2007 to 2010
INFOSYS CONSULTING, Fremont, CA, 2002 to 2006
ERNST & YOUNG, San Jose, CA, 1997 to 2001
CAMBRIDGE TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS, San Francisco, CA, 1993 to 1997
CALIFORNIA LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY, Thousand Oaks, CA, 1991 to 1993
GODREJ & BOYCE MFG. CO., Mumbai, INDIA, 1986 to 1990
Senior Industrial Engineer
ACCOMPLISHMENT DETAILS – TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCES
Program Leader, Go to Market, Pricing and Underwriting Workstreams – On a National Healthcare Organization’s Strategic Initiative to Launch & Implement a New Health Plan Product Nationwide
• Developed an integrated long-term workplan with clear accountabilities and secured stakeholder buy-in.
• Guided regions in revising their plans, implemented process for plan updates and ongoing alignment.
• Launched inter-regional go-to-market forum to aid regional sales pipeline building and sales pursuits.
• Created a 90-day turnaround plan, prioritized tasks, clarified accountability and oversaw plan execution.
• Assessed and reported readiness status, planned training, and managed cross workstream dependencies.
Project Leader, Organization Change Management - Reengineering Policy Servicing Function and Custom Systems Implementation, Leading Mortgage Insurer
• Managed strategic organization change during the full life cycle of development and rollout of an enterprise application by leading communications, training, readiness assessment and testing tracks.
• Directed the team evaluating training vendors, selecting them and coordinating training by vendors.
• Conducted end user satisfaction surveys, devised recommendations and initiated program level changes.
Program Leader - Enterprise System Selection and Implementation Planning, Biotech Company
• Led a full life cycle back and front office system selection project to support the company’s growth.
• Developed RFPs, evaluated responses, coordinated vendor demos and analyzed total cost of ownership.
• Identified and evaluated business partners for implementation and assisted in implementation planning.
Program Management Office (PMO) Lead - Volume Licensing Transformation Program Covering Prospect to Cash to Entitlement Process, Fortune 50 Software Company
• Developed communications and benefits realization plan for this global program involving various business segments, product groups and departments. Resulted in securing $100M in funds over 3 years.
• Created and executed plan for effectively engaging with stakeholders at executive and operational levels.
• Established PMO function. Devised & implemented governance model and program lifecycle processes.
Project Leader - Privacy Strategy and Compliance Assessment, Leading Computer Networking Company
• Researched the state of consumer privacy from a regulation, market and best practices perspective.
• Determined privacy vulnerabilities, analyzed processes, developed privacy statements and implemented solutions to meet customer expectations and regulatory requirements.
Project Leader – Financial Process Redesign, Leading US-Headquartered Global Bank
• Mapped out a national bank’s ATM fund and fee settlement reconciliation processes with a multitude of shared networks including Star, Plus, Cirrus, Visanet and Explore.
• Performed process analysis and built financial models to identify and segregate problem areas.
• Implemented business process controls at the operational, accounting, and systems levels.
Other Project Leadership Experiences – High-level Descriptions
• Assisted a manufacturing company on a transformation program by reengineering processes, analyzing requirements and evaluating off-the-shelf packages covering ERP, SCM, CRM and HR components.
• Formulated and implemented change readiness, communication strategy and employee empowerment plan on a medical informatics organization’s initiative to build future growth and operations platform.
• Delivered a CRM solution end-to-end (planning, process, requirements, design, development, testing, training, go-live and transition) under an offshore-onsite model for a professional services company.
• Established and led the team for a leading, large biotech company in restructuring its service agreements with their HR and Payroll service provider that reduced costs and improved service levels.
• Facilitated central oversight and coordination for a Fortune 50 bank to operationalize and implement its acquisition integration and interstate strategy. Positioned the bank to reap $800 million in savings.
• Evaluated a Fortune 50 hardware company’s purchasing process and a vendor’s hosted eProcurement solution. Reduced operating costs by $4.5 million/yr and cycle time by 40%.
• Led CRM operations strategy assessment for a financial leasing company and secured buy-in from the Executive team; analyzed processes, prioritized needs and created an implementation roadmap.
• Directed the team at a Fortune 50 bank on a debit card product strategy and conversion project. This successful consolidation led to an annual savings of about $22 million.
• Managed a joint consulting-client team to redesign the customer account numbering architecture for a large financial services company; positioned company to realize its expansion and product growth goals.
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION ACHIEVEMENTS
• Master of Business Administration, Management Information Systems, California Lutheran University, USA
• Master of Science, Sales and Marketing Management, University of Mumbai, INDIA
• Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, University of Mumbai, INDIA
• Certified Program Manager, PgMP Certification, Project Management Institute, USA
• Change Management Certification, ProSci, USA
• Certified Project Manager, PMP Certification, Project Management Institute, USA
• Chartered Engineer, Indian Instituition of Engineers, INDIA
Project Management Institute; Center for Creative Leadership; American Productivity and Quality Center; Turnaround Management Association; UC Berkeley Entrepreneurs Forum; ProSci Change Management
• Playing cricket and jogging; Coaching children for the Junior Cricket League.
• Enjoys spending time with the family and socializing with friends.