Highly qualified, Solutions-driven IT Project Manager with over 20 years experience, as a PeopleSoft HR Analyst, IT project manager and application developer. Technical experience includes software developer, software architect, systems implementer, and systems administrator. Proven expertise in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, structured systems analysis and design. Additional experience in healthcare with supervisory, coaching, and experience directly managing people, in both team-based and matrix environments. Known for ability to prioritize and manage multiple global projects while working with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams. Excellent analytical skills, quick learner and quality-focused team player.
• PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute, 2010
• CSM, Certified Scrum Master Workshop, Scrum Alliance, 2010
• ITIL, Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certification, ITIL 2010
• HRIP, Human Resources Information Professional Certification, International Association for Human Resource Information Management IHRIM, 2009
• CC, Competent Communicator, Toastmasters International, 2012
• ALB, Advanced Leader Bronze, Toastmasters International, 2013
Languages: SQR, PeopleCode, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, C/C++, ADA, Pascal, Cobol, Fortran, RPG
Reporting Tools : Cognos, AQT, Toad, Crystal Reports
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center
Project Mgmt Tools: MS Project, OpenProj,
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows, DEC Vax
Other Tools: Visio, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint
VALIDUS TECHNOLOGIES GROUP, Houston, TX 2014-2016
IT Project Manager
Planned, oversaw, and documented all aspects of the specific projects I worked on. Worked closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project was on schedule, as well as other departments for support. Worked on a record retention and lifecycle management system. Worked on the functional and technical design of the system. Coordinated the gathering and documenting of the requirements. Defined the scope and schedule of the project. Provided direction to IT technical staff, optimizing programming and system needs. Worked on a Credit Card payment portal web site project
HOUSTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Houston, TX 2011-2014
Project Manager/PeopleSoft HCM Business Systems Analyst
Performed comparative analysis of assigned function current procedures and PeopleSoft best practices. Subject Matter Expertise for successful product implementation, enhancements and upgrades.
• Participated in PeopleSoft function training, assisting in integration and implementation processes.
• Reviewed business process, compared People Soft system, determined gaps, and worked with designated personnel, resulting in business processes and/or required software modifications.
• Developed test cases for validation testing on all required modifications, customizations, fixes, interfaces, and patches.
• Provided direction to IT technical staff, optimizing programming and system needs.
• Analyzed and evaluated assigned function's processes and new requirements, developing and integrating new solutions within PeopleSoft.
PMI HOUSTON, Houston, TX 2013
Vice President of E-Business & Technologies
Oversaw information technology used by the Houston chapter of PMI. The Houston Chapter has over 4000 members and annual revenue of over 2,000,000.00
• 2014 PMI® Award for Chapter of the Year (Category IV)
• Chaired E-Business Committee, selecting members, providing budget input, for VP Financial Affairs.
• Managed Chapter IT-related activities and issues, maintaining business and administration excellence, including IT communication.
• Chaired Web Site for annual PMI Houston Conference & Expo, ensuring timely and accurate information.
MCDEARMON ASSOCIATES, LLC, Houston, TX 2008-present
IT Project Management, IT Consulting
• Project Management Institute Houston (PMI) – 2010-2012 Director of Web Site Technologies.
• PMI Houston 2011-2013 Conference Committee Member.
• Agile Project Leadership Network Houston (APLN) - Ambassador and content management web site.
• Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) Student Conference - proctor for MS Office Solutions and PC Troubleshooting Finals.
AON HEWITT, The Woodlands, TX 2004-2008
IT Project Manager/PeopleSoft HCM Systems Analyst
Gathered business requirements and created functional designs and detailed technical design documents created and used by offshore development teams. Point-of-contact for offshore and virtual development teams.
• Defined business requirements, determined scope, and identified technical alternatives and limitations for system enhancements and change requests.
• Recognized as Technical Subject Matter Expert to application and architecture functionality and code for client-specific business processes.
• Provided estimates of work-effort duration for change requests and new development efforts in support of PeopleSoft HCMS systems for BP US and UK clients, and coordinated all technical projects for divestiture of one of BP's largest divisions.
SAVA SENIOR CARE, Houston, TX 1996-2004
IT Project Manager/PeopleSoft HCM Systems Analyst
Defined business requirements, determined scope, and identified technical alternatives and limitations for system enhancements and change requests.
• Created and updated detailed technical design documents used during development phase and defect resolution.
• Developed and maintained all the code that supported the Payroll, Time & Labor and HR functions.
• Involved in implementing major projects, including system implementations, system upgrades, mass terminations, and reorganizations.
PhD Candidate, Computer Science, University of Houston, Houston, TX
MA, Computer Information Systems, University of Houston, Houston, TX
BA, Computer Information Systems, University of Houston, Houston, TX