Peter Tarhanidis sets vision & direction with a track record of championing teams that inspire a culture of consensus with purposeful action to deliver strategic initiatives. Peter is a trained career coach empowering teams, expertly executes business / IT transformations & cultivates strategic alliances to accelerate value creation. Peter finds innovative ways to increase margins while ensuring the highest level of management practices are in place. He administers budgets with full P&L responsibility & negotiates high-level contracts. His roles in industry, advisory & volunteer span Fortune 100’s: Healthcare, CGFM, TMT, Energy & Nonprofit. Peter is highly intuitive, a creative thought leader, results-oriented & well-respected in all communities.
- Janssen Research & Development, LLC, Johnson & Johnson. Director, Strategic Business Planning, and Execution, Pharma R&D Global Medical Organization. Provide strategic business planning and execution for Global Medical Safety Ops, International Pharmacovigilance and Patient Support on transformation, operation excellence & economic analysis. Coach colleagues on leadership & best practices.
- Quest Diagnostics, an $11B Global leader in diagnostic information services. Director, Business Transformation, Business Process Redesign, and Program Invigorate. Pursue high-value business cases based on benchmarks for a company-wide transformation of the value chain to invest in firm’s long-term health to meet shareholder EPS commitments to reduce $1.3B in cost to serve/test.
- PA Consulting Group, £0.34B global management, system, and technology consulting firm. Principal Management Consultant, Advisory, Business Development, Business Design, and IT Strategy. Managed client proposal process, pipeline development, researched company, suppliers, markets, and crafted thought leadership. Led engagement teams to deliver complex business transformation.
- Johnson & Johnson, $62B consumer, medical devices; 3rd largest biologics; 6th largest pharm. IT Manager, Technology Engineering & Design, Service Delivery & Ops, Global Network, and Vendor Mgmt.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Manager, Telecommunications, and Finance Coordinator
- Bloomingdale’s Department Stores, Customer Svc. Supervisor
Select Board and volunteer experiences:
- Founder and President, Praxis Advisory LLC
- Council Member, Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey
- President of Board, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church; Board Member, JerseySTEM
- Visiting Professor, Keller Graduate School of Management and DeVry University
- Industry Advisor: Gershon Lehman Group, Ridge Top, and Third Bridge
- Volunteer Advisor & Author, Project Management Institute; United Nations Volunteer
- Former Baldrige Examiner, U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology
Education and select Industry certifications:
- Ph.D., candidate, Univ. of the Cumberlands
- M.B.A., Univ. of Maryland Univ. College
- B.A. Economics, Hunter College
- Executive Education, Harvard Business School
- PMP, Project Management Professional, The Project Management Institute
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt
- Change First Practitioner model, PCI
- ITIL v3, Intermediate