PAUL PELLETIER LL.B, PMP 604-408-1863 (home)
#102 – 1688 Robson Street, Vancouver BC V6G 1C7 email: [email protected]
• International speaker/presenter and author on Project Management, Leadership, Ethics and Respectful Workplaces including workshops, keynotes and conferences. Published PMI Author.
• Accomplished executive possessing a unique combination of senior level strategic project and program management, legal, and consulting expertise (both LL.B and Certified PMP).
• Fifteen years of project management and PMO experience including international projects.
• Awarded 2017 Editor's Choice Award by the PM World Journal.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Workplace Respect, Harassment and Bullying
• Leadership & Management
• PMO & Project Management
• Corporate/Commercial Law
• Risk Management
PAUL PELLETIER CONSULTING Sept. 2014 to present
Subject Matter Expert in Project Management, Leadership, Ethics and Respectful Workplaces
• Presenter at Project Management Institute Global Conferences: Rome, 2017, Orlando, USA Oct. 2015; London, UK 2015; Phoenix, USA 2014; New Orleans, USA 2013
• Presenter at the following events in 2018: Association of Administration Professionals Conference (Toronto); Project Management World (Toronto & Vancouver); PMI Chapter PDU Day/Annual Symposiums (Minneapolis, Vancouver Island)
• Presenter at the following conferences in 2016/2017: Association of Administration Professionals Conference (Toronto); Project Management World (Toronto, New York City, Boston & Vancouver); PMI Chapter Conferences (Switzerland, Portland, Montreal, Vancouver, Minneapolis, Peoria, Victoria)
• Guest speaker at Dubai International Project Management Forum: Dubai, Nov. 2015
• Webinars and Workshops: Human Resources Professionals Association 2016; PM.com July 2015; Minneapolis February 2016; Montreal 2016
• Project Management Institute Webinars: Control Freaks, Queen Bees and Workplace Saboteurs: Dealing with your Workplace Nightmare (Author); Bullying at Work: An ethical and leadership dilemma for all Project Managers (Author); Project Bullies: Are you a Victim? (Author); Project Bullies: Are you a Victim? (Author) About.com article: http://projectmanagement.about.com/od/Proj...ut-Bullying.htm
INSURANCE CORPORATION OF BRITISH COLUMBIA (ICBC) 2013 to 2014
• Senior management role focused on managing the portfolio of insurance-related legal services. Oversee and manage strategic relations with law firms and liaise with senior executives, clients, and stakeholders. Evaluate and manage programs and projects to ensure effective prioritization and ongoing alignment with strategic objectives and targets.
• Responsible for governance of business line, processing over 20,000 legal files per year and $120,000,000.00 in annual services billed. Develop best practices to handle workload volume, reporting, and quality/risk/knowledge/information management. Apply best PMBOK practices to methodology, practices, standards, reporting, templates, tools, and controls.
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE CANADA (DOJ), OTTAWA, ON
National Projects Advisor 2009 to 2013
Office of the Director General Law Practice Management Directorate (LPMD)
• Management role providing specialized project management services (equivalent to a PMO) pertaining to all aspects of law practice management for organization with over 4000 staff. Led, collaborated, and coordinated various national scale projects related to IT/IM, knowledge management, risk management, and quality assurance.
• Communicated and escalated project issues, successes and lessons learned. Provided guidance and coaching to staff and project managers to improve efficiency of projects.
National Director 2001 to 2007
Legal Information Management (PMO)
• Managed all business matters related to DOJ’s national legal information management (LIM) strategy and the provision of national LIM business and project advice to assist key national stakeholders (e.g., the Deputy Minister, Associate Deputy Ministers, Executive Committee, senior officials).
• Project coordinator and manager for national implementation of DOJ’s LIM software (iCase) used by over 4000 users. Recipient of 2004 DOJ Recognition Award, 2005 Deputy Minister’s Award, and 2006 Recognition Award for work on this project.
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE CANADA (DOJ), BC REGIONAL OFFICE 1991 to 1999
• Provided legal advice and opinions to federal government departments, predominantly what are now the Canada Revenue Agency and the Canada Border Services Agency.
INTERNATIONAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
US AID, WASHINGTON, D.C., USA 2011
Project Consultant, Madagascar
Participation & Poverty Project: Legal, Regulatory, Judicial Reform Activity Components
• Prepared training on the Malagasy revised bankruptcy legislation to judges, magistrates, and the legal and business communities of Madagascar in French.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM, YAOUNDÉ, CAMEROON 1999
Project Consultant, Justice System Development Project
• Completed a Justice Sector Diagnostic Report and drafted an action plan for justice system reform in Cameroon operating within the framework of a national governance program supported by the UNDP. (French assignment)
CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA 1996
Project Advisor, Ethiopia-Canada Technical Assistance Project
• Completed a Strategic Perspectives Report providing a framework for a 7 year, multi-million dollar development program with Ethiopia in the Justice Sector.
• Directed a comprehensive review of the Ethiopian justice system, consulting with all local stakeholders and interfacing with representatives of foreign governments and international organizations engaged in justice sector projects in Ethiopia.
BLAKE DAWSON WALDRON, SOLICITORS, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA 1988
Visiting Solicitor, Corporate Law Group
• Project Management Professional (Certified PMP), Vancouver, BC. 2006 to 2007
• Bachelor of Laws, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON. 1984 to 1987
• Bachelor of Arts Program, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB. 1981 to 1984
• Project Management Institute (PMI) Ethics Member Advisory Group 2012 to 2018
• Fund Raiser for Cradle of Love Baby Home, Tanzania 2011
• Vice President and Member, Board of Directors, Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation 2001 to 2007
• Vice President, Board of Directors, Jumpstart Performance Society 1998 to 2001
Member in Good Standing: Law Society of British Columbia and Project Management Institute
Fluent English, French and Spanish