SUSAN L JOHNSON - MBA, PMP, SSGB
334 Circle Avenue ? Charlotte, NC 28207
cell: (704)578-1513, email@example.com
Wells Fargo Securities – Charlotte, NC
Program Manager – Markets 11/13- Current
Responsible for the delivery of projects and programs supporting the Market division’s sales and trading desks. Manage, coach, mentor and support a team of project managers while also actively managing the end to end delivery of a multi work stream project supporting middle market sales.
• Leading a project based on a strategic business initiative to develop our depository client base (small financial institutions). In support of this initiative facilitated white boarding sessions and created a roadmap. In flight projects supporting the roadmap are: (1) Development of a public and private web presence (2) Implementation of tool to match client investment portfolios with trader security offerings and (3) Development and roll out of a portfolio analysis tool for sales.
Business Manager – Credit 6/12 – 11/13
Responsible for the following business management functions for all of Credit trading and sales: reviewing financials, invoice payments, maintaining policy and procedures, preparing monthly and quarterly reports. Directly support both the HG and HY sales teams. Identify and implement processes improvements for both trading and sales. Additionally manage larger scale initiatives including the following projects:
• Leading the project to restart Credit Default Swap (CDS) market making. This project requires the development of an integrated sales ticketing process with Bloomberg, a front office trading application and the onboarding of the customer base as well as coordinating the operational support needed to trade in CDS. This effort is impacted by Dodd- Frank and requires coordination with several projects that are addressing compliance with new trading rules.
• Initiating a cross business initiative to implement an Order Management System for sales and trading. Currently in the process of defining high level scope and prioritizing the phases of implementing a solution across multiple desks with varied trading applications.
• Expanding the functionality of the Salesforce application across desks with a two phased initiative to introduce reporting that crosses trader axes with client transaction data to define and prioritize sales opportunities.
Senior Business Project Manager – Fixed Income 4/11 – 6/12
Manage several projects, the first of which was to implement a new fixed income, high grade trading system with connectivity to multiple exchanges for a new trading desk of odd lot bond traders. The initial implementation to bring up the core system had a very aggressive timeline and required the coordination of multiple development teams, infrastructure and network teams. The core system was implemented within 5 months of onboarding the first developers to the project. Additional projects include the following:
• Managed the implementation of a trading system for a new trading desk of short end, high grade bond traders. Scope of the project was expanded from what was initially intended to be a data aggregation tool to an integrated trading platform.
• Managing the implementation of Bloomberg’s Bpipe market data application to replace the existing limited SAPI service. This project required the coordination of 7 applications in the migration along with integration of new entitlement management processes into the market data teams existing processes.
TIAA-CREF – Charlotte, NC 2/10 - 4/11
Senior Project Manager - IT Project Delivery
Manage cross organizational projects that touch on both asset management systems as well as the systems that support the distribution of products to individual and institutional investors. Responsible for the oversight of the business analysts on each project. Establish and maintain strong relationships with business partners. Responsible for all project documentation, status reporting, escalation and keeping the project on scope, on budget and on time with a quality delivery process.
• Managed the project to successfully launch new Emerging Markets funds, deploying on over 30 IT platforms. Currently managing a project to deploy new Lifecycle Funds with similar requirements.
• Successfully completed Phase I and II of the Assets Under Management project. This reporting application consolidated data from multiple internal and external sources to provide visibility into the company’s position on securities holdings.
• Initiated two projects in support of the Mutual Funds retail site to enhance the user experience by expanding the services and improving the aesthetics and navigation of the site. Projects currently on hold.
Wachovia Bank – Charlotte, NC
Senior Project Manager - Finance 4/09 -12/09
• Lead project to initiate the consolidation of unit costing process for the two merged banks into a single process for Enterprise Hosting Services (EHS) under sponsorship of senior management.
• Conducted a six sigma study on legacy Wachovia project financial management process with sponsorship from the Director of DC programs to improve project financial variances. Developed recommendations and presented findings to sponsor, using a matrix to identify high impact low complexity initiatives, reduced monthly project variances from 80% to 8%,
Financial Project Manager 4/07 – 4/09
• As financial manager for the program developed the financial reporting structure for a $350M, high visibility project for the bank to relocate he disaster recovery DC to meet regulatory requirements. Responsibility later extended to include the entire DC project portfolio. Managed a direct staff of 6 financial and reporting analysts and matrix managed the financial reporting of more than 20 project managers crossing all lines of business within the bank.
GENERAL DYNAMICS ATP – Charlotte, NC
Finance Manager – Information Systems 1/06 – 4/07
• Lead the project to migrate the company’s data warehouse database to Oracle and deploy Oracle’s Discoverer application as a new interface to the data warehouse, developing timeline, budget and project plan for implementation. Facilitated user acceptance testing and oversaw the development of training and documentation for all finance data warehouse users.
Financial Analyst 8/04 – 12/05
• Managed the project to deploy Oracle’s E-Business Suite Financial Budgeting and Reporting application including the Application Desktop Integrator tool (ADI) within the finance organization with the company’s system conversion to Oracle. Successfully deployed the new applications and budget process to all 7 manufacturing plants.
JOHNSON BEER COMPANY– Charlotte, NC
VP Operations/Finance 6/94 – 7/01
• Managed start-up of brewery operation bringing production of a finished product online within seven months of funding, exceeding the industry average of two years.
• Developed business plan, secured funding and lead the construction of the brewing facility.
• Oversaw all aspects of construction, including vendor negotiations, contractor supervision and regulatory compliance. Defined operational and financial processes.
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION
Sales/ Product Manager New Orleans, LA 1/89 - 6/94
• Lead the initiative to deploy the company’s new personal computer line to the southern states.
• Marketed the company’s product line to education and government organizations.
Product/Project Manager Andover, MA 5/84 – 1/89
• As a Subject Matter Expert in materials management supported the implementation of a Supply Chain management system automating inventory management, materials planning, scheduling and shipments for a $500 million spare part warehouse.
• Defined requirements for the development of a data warehouse upon the completion of the facility automation project. Implemented Datatrieve as the data retrieval interface into the data warehouse. Developed reporting for senior level management measuring operations performance for the distribution center.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
PhD Candidate Case Western Reserve, Cleveland Ohio
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Finance ? Northeastern University,1988, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Operations ? Boston University, 1984, Boston, MA
Project Management Professional Certification (PMP), 2009, Charlotte, NC
Six Sigma Green Belt, 2009 Charlotte, NC
Series 7, 2012, Charlotte, NC
Financial: Oracle E-Business, G/L, Projects, Payables, Receivables, Assets, Supply Chain, Discoverer, ADI , Essbase Excel, Access
Investment Management: OMNI, EaglePACE, Confluence, Siebel, Oracle
Project Management: MS Project, Visio, Sharepoint, Planview, STAMP, Clarity
General: Word, PowerPoint