28 Highland Avenue
Dumont, NJ 07628
Maxell Corporation of America
Woodland Park, New Jersey (9/99 to present)
Director of Information Technology (4/2009 to present)
• Responsible for the strategic planning of IT.
• Justify project proposals to the Board of Directors.
• Manage a multi-million dollar budget.
• Calculate ROI’s for projects and process improvements.
• Hands-on capable manager with technical expertise.
• Able to balance multiple initiatives in tandem.
• Successfully completed a corporate move in coordination with the HR Director. (Move of equipment completed within a day with full functionality.)
• Managed a migration from private MPLS WAN to encrypted VPN tunnels as a cost saving initiative while concurrently integrating remote VPN connectivity for users.
• Effectively completed a move of equipment to a Data Center to create a mirrored site (managed project from
initiation, including contract negotiations, to implementation and closing)
• Designed and implemented a new infrastructure of redundant equipment which connected directly to the corporate office via a Gigabit Ethernet connection
• Created and now maintain SOX and J-SOX documentation and IT related controls.
• Responsible for lease schedules, negotiate rates and buyout deals, report pertinent information to accounting.
• Manage Helpdesk response to IT related requests.
• Direct AS400 and Visual basics programmers, advise on best practices and ensure security is a priority.
• Oversee EDI Coordinator who is responsible for the successful transmission of data and EDI mapping.
• Utilize consultants when necessary to back fill responsibilities not met by current staff.
• Manage offshore developers for in-house developed applications
• Continually identify strengths and weaknesses in employees, provide training accordingly.
• Motivate and empower employees to succeed.
Senior Information Technology Manager (4/07 to 3/09)
• Built a VMWare infrastructure to host multiple servers for Production, Quality Assurance and Development of in-house applications.
• Managed the re-development of a warehouse communication application. The application transmits inventory, orders, stock transfer requests etc. to the a third party warehousing company and picks up data such as receiving/shipping confirmations. The code was migrated from VB.NET to Java.
Information Technology Manager (1/05 to 3/07)
• Coordinated the deployment of a new ERP system (ASW) mandated by parent company Hitachi Maxell. (Two year project that was satisfactorily completed)
• Upgraded from Novell 4.11 to a Windows 2003 domain with Active Directory.
• Managed a Lotus Notes upgrade from 4.6 to version 7.
• Envisioned and designed a Request Management Application (RMAPP) for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
Senior Network Administrator (9/99 to 12/04)
• Hired after 6 months of consulting, quickly promoted from Lotus Notes Administrator to Senior Network Administrator.
• Responsible for optimum uptime of server systems and communication lines.
• Administrator of Lotus Notes, as well as Novell NDS tree.
• Introduced company to new technologies such as Checkpoint firewalls.
• Deployed enterprise McAfee Anti-virus solution and MX Logic spam filter.
Computer Generated Solutions
New York, New York (4/99 to 9/99)
Consultant (temporary to hire) for Maxell Corporation of America
• Hired based solely on phone interviews and an on-line testing methodology.
• Worked in tandem with other consultants that operated out of a west coast office.
• Acted as the on-site contact to coordinate activities.
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey (2/98 to 4/99)
• Administrator of all Lotus Notes servers for Bestfoods North America.
• Maintain connectors to Lotus Notes system from ccMail and Exchange.
• Project managed and executed plans for Internet e-mail connectivity from the Lotus Notes Network.
(This project included the configuration of a Lotus Notes SMTP server, as well as, an e-mail firewall.)
• Installed and configured Lotus Notes servers for production environment.
• Responsible for the administration and maintenance of legacy ccMail post offices.
• Migrated users from ccMail to Lotus Notes within both Field and HQ locations.
• Supported Lotus Notes and ccMail client applications, in addition to, remote dial in connections.
• Provided users with informal Lotus Notes training.
• Trained Headquarters users on Microsoft’s Internet Explorer application and use of the Internet.
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania (3/97 to 12/97)
LAN Administration Consultant, MBNA Finance Sector
• Provided first and second level support for 500+ users in a NetWare 4.11 environment.
• Administered user accounts, printers, and applications through an NDS tree.
• Responsible for tape backups and rotation schedules of eight servers.
• Involved in a migration from server-centric Windows 3.11 to Windows NT platform.
• Installed both local and network based applications for NT.
• Performed Oracle installations, both client and server-side.
• Achieved an understanding of NT profiles and policies.
• Configured drivers for database connectivity. (i.e. ODBC, Inet, and SQL)
• Initiated procedures to increase efficiency.
Academic Computing Services, Lafayette College
Easton, Pennsylvania (9/92 to 2/97)
• Instrumental in the development of the Academic Computing Services Helpdesk.
• Provided first level support for campus community via phone, email, and walk-in requests.
• Composed documentation for and facilitated faculty/staff in-house workshops.
• Configured Support Magic Helpdesk Tracking Database.
• Envisioned and implemented interactive knowledge bases utilizing HTML and Perl scripting.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania, 1997
Project Management Institute Member
PMP: Project Management Professional Certification (#1935905), 2016