From Controversy to Consensus: Decommissioning California's Offshore Oil Platforms
Like many issues of energy and environment, the question of how to decommission California's 27 offshore oil platforms was highly controversial. Presenters Carl Speltzer and Max Henrion llustrate the value of:
- Using decision trees and influence diagrams to build and communicate the model
- Examining different points of view with a multi-attribute decision model
- Enabling stakeholders to explore the effects of changing assumptions and preferences using interactive decision software
- Analyzing sensitivities to uncertainties and preferences
- Creatively designing better decision options
NOTE: You must watch videos in their entirety and all the way through to the end for our system to record your viewing activity accurately. Learn more about PDUs on ProjectManagement.com.