2017 Scheduling: Building a Scheduling Center of Excellence in the PMO
This presentation will provide a brief overview of the “Five Secrets of Project Scheduling” and will go on to describe how to apply them in a PMO environment by creating a “scheduling center of excellence” and how doing so can improve project success rates throughout an organization.
Participants will learn:
- The Five Secrets of Project Scheduling and how the PMO can use them to improve project success rates throughout an organization
- How the PMO can develop, champion and support good scheduling practices
- The benefits of creating a “scheduling center of excellence” within the PMO
- The key components of a “scheduling center of excellence”
- How to make a case to executives for establishing a “scheduling center of excellence”
- How to start creating a “scheduling center of excellence” based on an organization’s maturity level, culture and current project management practices
The PMO is the logical place for this function. Since most organizations have some form of PMO, they can leverage the PMO’s existing knowledge and expand its role into providing project scheduling excellence and assistance. Even in an immature organization with few resources and without a formal PMO there are simple steps that can start any organization on the road to improving project success rates through better scheduling practices. Building upon these simple steps more mature organizations can increase project manager productivity, enable reliable portfolio analysis and significantly increase project success rates throughout the organization.
NOTE: You must watch videos in their entirety and all the way through to the end for our system to record your viewing activity accurately. Learn more about PDUs on ProjectManagement.com.