Microsoft Project Do’s and Don’ts
This session will walk the attendee through 10 practices that are sure to be problematic. Topics will include but are not limited to:
- Including summary tasks in project sequencing;
- Assigning resources to summary tasks;
- Constraining activities rather than sequencing dynamically;
- Scheduling project tasks as late as possible;
- Leveling resources without analysis;
- Inadequate baselining techniques;
- Using elapsed durations for team schedules;
- Incorrect calendar association resulting in incorrect schedules;
- Organizing project tasks incorrectly forcing incorrect reports.
- Dismissing Agile Tools
After attending this session the attendee should be able to: 1) identify inappropriate practices in their MS Project schedules. 2) Resolve issues created by these practices and 3) leverage their learning in future project plans by avoiding the recurrence of inappropriate practices.
NOTE: You must watch videos in their entirety and all the way through to the end for our system to record your viewing activity accurately. Learn more about PDUs on ProjectManagement.com.
Acknowledgements: Kimberly Whitby and Derrick May