Determining a Balanced Scorecard: Improving Business Performance & Reporting
The 3P’s to Success (Purpose, People, Performance) is a business philosophy promoted in the book ‘The Business of Portfolio Management – Boosting Organizational Value’. The project economy can scale upwards so that value-based portfolio management becomes ‘a way of doing business’. However, that needs to be integrated business objectives. That is best done via a modern light version of a balanced scorecard for planning and reporting purposes. This presentation is focussed on the design, development, and deployment of a modern light balanced scorecard that allows for organizational-wide performance to be shown and communicated. EPMO and portfolio leaders in particular will benefit from its content and messages.
- Understand the organizational context of a BSC.
- Appreciate its contribution towards the achievement of organizational strategy and business objectives.
- Review and adopt a 6-step plan for implementation.
- Learn about a portfolio management approach.
- Appreciate the opportunities for EPMO and portfolio leaders.
- Gain insight on the various processes, tools and techniques that are applicable.
NOTE: You must watch videos in their entirety and all the way through to the end for our system to record your viewing activity accurately. Learn more about PDUs on ProjectManagement.com.
Acknowledgements: Derrick May and Kimberly Whitby