Earned Value Management (EVM) Applied to Large IT Project
The four knowledge cornerstones of project risk management are:
- Project Management (how to run a project)
- Earned Value Management (how to measure project performance)
- Risk Management (how to identify and mitigate risks)
- Subcontract management (how to manage subcontractors)
Earned Value Management (EVM) is essential to project success. It is used extensively in the Department of Defense (DOD) and construction industries but not in the IT industry. This webinar focuses on applying EVM to large IT projects. It will present: a brief overview of the EVM fundamentals; why EVM is not used on large IT projects; how to create a baseline for the project; what a rolling wave is and how to use it; and the benefits of using EVM on large IT projects.
- Refresher on EVM fundamentals
- Understand why EVM is not used on large IT projects
- Learn how to create a baseline on a large IT project.
- Learn the rolling wave method and how to use it
- Understand the benefits of EVM on a large IT project
NOTE: You must watch videos in their entirety and all the way through to the end for our system to record your viewing activity accurately. Learn more about PDUs on ProjectManagement.com.
Acknowledgements: Eric Finger, James McCrory and Kimberly Whitby