Conducting a PMO Health Check (Part 6)
To further assist in the health check process, this series continues with an examination of the rationale as to why each statement within each dimension is deemed to represent a healthy practice:
- In Part 2, we looked at the statements in Section 1 of the PMO Health Check Worksheet: Project Portfolio Management
- Part 3 looked at the Project Planning section
- Part 4 explored the Project Execution & Oversight segment
- Part 5 examined the Post-Project Deployment Performance Monitoring and Incentives Management segment
We now continue with the Project Standards Governance section of the PMO Health Check Worksheet:.
PMO Health Check: Project Standards Governance
1. PMO's standards and practices are scalable and always calibrated based on what outcomes will best benefit the organization.
As covered in the Project Planning section, the savvy PMO never subscribes to a one-size-fits-all approach to the standards and practices they deploy and use to monitor compliance against. A scalable and adaptable framework provides the flexibility and judgment needed to ensure that the effort and investment needed to achieve a project’s objectives/
Please log in or sign up below to read the rest of the article.