Don't Be Disrupted by New Technologies
You and your career can be disrupted by new technologies as much as the marketplace can be. No matter your experience level, your expectations and standard work practices can be made obsolete. To maintain your ability to manage the most beneficial projects, make targeted preparations to be successful in projects using new technologies.
There are a couple of generalities that can be made about projects that include new technologies:
- You will work with a new group that controls the new technology.
- There will be a specific execution process that needs to be used.
You will be able to manage both of these if you follow the tactics below:
1. Meet the new team and learn each member’s roles.
- Start with a positive, constructive interaction. This will help you integrate with the new activities. The purpose should be to attain success for all parties. Make sure the new technology team knows that you are interested in its success in your project and that you are putting effective communication strategies in place.
- Ask questions to clarify roles and responsibilities:
- What roles are involved generally, and what does each do?
- Who is the key contact for the PM or scrum master?
- Who is the key contact for other major players in the project?
2. Determine the general steps in the process
- Obtain a description of the process to be
Please log in or sign up below to read the rest of the article.