Busy with a career change, studying Project Management (CompTIA Project+).
Scouring the Internet and nowhere can I find a proper step by step on how to start a project, when & how to do what.
It doesn't even outline it in the text books.
Unfortunately that's how my brain works, I need to know what goes where before I can fully understand it. There's no point in learning anything like a parrot ... passing a test and still not knowing how the heck you should do it. So PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, this is "my A to Z":
1. Create a business case
2. Conduct a feasibility study
3. Develop a project charter
4. Appoint a project team
5. Create a project scope
6. Create a work breakdown structure
7. Create a project schedule
8. Resource planning & management
9. Define the project budget & risk plans
10. Create a communication plan
11. Process change requests & procurement documents
12. Project tools & documentation Saving Changes...
I do second Sante.
However, note the very expression of the Project that "it is a UNIQUE endeavor"; which means that many of the points listed by you may not be in sync with the actual situations.
It would be wonderful if you can take up a couple of case studies in the industry of your choice; so that you will have a better insight.
Good luck Saving Changes...
You might want to check the templates section of the community for sample MS Project schedules for different types of projects as those may list key PM activities & deliverables in the sequence which you are looking for.