The Secrets to Conducting an Effective Project Kickoff Meeting
The truth is that a project kickoff meeting can make or break a project. Done well, the kickoff meeting can set the project on a path for success, but a nightmare kickoff meeting can wreak havoc for months to come. These are a few simple secrets that can make a huge difference in the effectiveness of your next project kickoff meeting. In this session, we'll provide specific techniques and best practices including the following:
- Using Improv based team building techniques to engage participants
- Drafting the project charter
- Soliciting key risks early
- Developing a realistic project schedule
- Using facilitation techniques to avoid missing key tasks or project steps
- Developing ground rules and discussing processes
- Engaging virtual attendees as needed
If you're already familiar with kickoff meetings, no worries. This presentation isn't a soup to nuts overview of how to run a kickoff meeting. Instead, we'll identify several specific techniques that you can throw into your bag of tricks to avoid common pitfalls and move your kickoff meetings from good to great!
NOTE: You must watch videos in their entirety and all the way through to the end for our system to record your viewing activity accurately. Learn more about PDUs on ProjectManagement.com.
Acknowledgements: Laura Schofield, James McCrory and Kimberly Whitby