How New Leadership Styles are Evolving to Run Businesses Effectively in a Post Pandemic Era
Evolution of leadership styles is a continuous process. Leadership styles are influenced by market forces. Over the last few decades, the world has witnessed numerous leadership styles namely autocratic leadership, bureaucratic leadership, participative leadership, transformational leadership, to name a few. COVID-19 pandemic has posed a new challenge to the world where the employers as well as the employees were severely affected due to business uncertainty. This gave rise to emergence of a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) world for which a new style of leadership was required to be evolved for growth and sustenance of businesses. We will discuss how different but successful leadership styles are evolving during the post pandemic era. My deliberations shall examine in particular the usefulness of some people management way of working prescribed in agile values, principles and methodologies.
- The participants shall acquire several practical takeaways (learning outcomes) like:
- Understanding the perils of emerging VUCA world
- Understanding the plight that the pandemic has inflicted on the mindset of employees.
- Understanding the science of evolution of leadership styles during the last few decades.
- Comprehending application of Research Methodologies carried out by us during pandemic times on leadership styles, employee behaviors vis-à-vis the work performances.
- Evolving a framework for effective leadership styles during post pandemic era.
NOTE: You must watch videos in their entirety and all the way through to the end for our system to record your viewing activity accurately. Learn more about PDUs on ProjectManagement.com.
Acknowledgements: Kimberly Whitby