is a very simple and effective technique for guiding people simply and clearly, as well as understanding certain situations (needs, problems), documenting them, identifying alternatives and generating an action plan to solve them.
Applications You have a step by step roadmap that is a sequence of questions to understand the issue being evaluated and generate an action plan that can be used and adapted for various types of situations such as:
- Solve a problem;
- Plan the acquisitions;
- Generate a communications matrix;
- Analyze a process for continuous improvement;
- Detail your work package;
The acronym is the initials in English of the seven guidelines that, when well established, eliminate any questions that may arise throughout a process or activity.
- What? (TOPIC - "What will be done?")
- Why? (OBJECTIVE - "Why will it be done?")
- Where? (LOCATION - "Where will it be done?")
- When? (TIME - "When will it be done?")
- Who? (RESPONSIBLE - "By whom will it be done?")
- How? (METHOD - "How will it be done?")
- How much? (COST - "Will it cost?")
The 5W2H methodology consists of the answers to these seven essential questions.
Variations 5W1H (removing the "How much") and 5W-2H-1R (adding "Result") are known variations.